Software
Houzz Logo Print
beachgal5

Aargh! Orange flooring...lots of pics for you! What to do?

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Our Arizona house has 12x12 tile that has the look of saltillo tile when it comes to being orange/rust/beige in color. This is a vacation home, so I do not want to go to the expense of replacing the floor, but I would like to find a flooring that would compliment the tile. The house came with carpet in the living area and it must go! It tends to have a pink undertone, but looks beige at other times.

At some point I would like to reface or paint the kitchen cabinets, so please keep that in mind when giving suggestions. I have posted many photos and a floorplan so you can get a "feel" for what is going on.

Also, one issue we have is that the house faces NE/SW, with the living area on the NE side. I feel that the house is fairly dark inside, and I realize that the paint scheme contributes to that. My husband loves the paint colors, so I think we will have to add in-ceiling lighting.

My preferred design aesthetic definitely trends toward contemporary/transitional. I do like clean lines, and the white wall cabinets in the living area reflect that (they are IKEA).

I posted a photo of our drapery panels (they hide the vertical blinds that came with the house) because we have pulled colors from them for decor and wall color.

Thank you all in advance for your thoughts!












Comments (9)