Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_732977525

Repotting Monstera Albo Cutting

Monchii T
2 years ago

Hi,

I am new to the forums! I have recently purchased a Monstera Albo cutting propagated in water about 3 months ago. I have been changing the water every few days and placing a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide in the water. The root that was initially there seems to have stopped growing. When I received it, the end of the root had a fuzzy film around it (not sure if this is normal for water propagation). I recently had to cut off a small bit because it was black and mushy. A new root seems and what seems to be an axillary bud seems to be growing from the stem. I also have noticed that the ends of the stem that were cut for the clipping is growing darker and parts of the stem has a light yellow tint. I want to take this out of the water and place it in a sphagnum moss but am afraid to take this out too prematurely. There were also white dots on the stem as well (new roots? bacteria?). This is a bit difficult to describe, but I have taken pictures. Please let me know if you think I should repot into a moist sphagnum or should I just leave it. If repotting should be done, would it be best for mw to cut a bit of the black ends off and dip it in cinnamon? Should I take it out completely and let it dry out before potting it? First time repotting in sphagnum with such an expensive purchase so I don't want to get it wrong. Thanks!

Comments (11)