Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
basavagelyon

counter stool to tie room together?

basavagelyon
last year

I'm looking for three counter stools to sit at a quasi-kitchen island between our dining room and kitchen. The previous owners had a farmhouse chic/Magnolia Home vibe throughout the house, which is visible in the kitchen. It's not really our style but it is tasteful and well-done so we're not looking to change it. (Plus, we don't have the time, money, or skill to invest in changing it.) That said, I'm trying to tie my furniture and the kitchen into a cohesive room.

I know it can be done but I'm just blanking on what style stool will look good with both our dining room table and the kitchen. I have scrolled through a bunch of stools and nothing has caught my eye. I also can't figure out what finish to go with since my table is dark wood and the kitchen countertop is Ikea butcher block. Suggestions welcome!!!

p.s. I prefer a stool with a back for comfort but I'm willing to go with whatever looks best. We're planning to replace the "island" countertop with neutral quartz in the next couple years so the current color isn't a big consideration.

Comments (11)