Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_706353521

Where/how would you use this light fixture?

2 years ago

https://www.houzz.com/products/robin-4-light-pendant-brass-prvw-vr~172440137

I really love it and I wanted to use it in my foyer, but my ceilings (including in the foyer) are just under 9" so I think it will look odd if there's hardly any chain showing. And if we decide to hang it low in our foyer (which is not wide, either) our tall guests will not be happy!

What about in a bedroom, on one side of the bed (above a nightstand)? Maybe we could have the switch put near the bed and install a dimmer. Is there another option I'm missing?

I bought the light but now I'm struggling with how to use it.

Comments (10)

• 2 years ago

Well it's 22" high I guess, so with 9' ceilings I cannot see it working. If you can return it, might be a good idea. If you like the look, maybe try and find a sconce or smaller pendants for over an island or something?

Sasha Folk thanked mimimomy
  • PRO
    2 years ago

Do you have a sair well it could go in. Usually a good plan is to always post pics of the space too.

Sasha Folk thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    2 years ago

This is a foyer fixture for areas that have height.

Sasha Folk thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • 2 years ago

I love love love your chandelier and where you placed it! I have a similar living room set up and our living room has bad lighting so now I'm thinking this is a possibility...above an endtable...no one walks in the corner beside the sofa anyways, so we can hang it low. Although you say your living room is unfinished, I love what you've done so far. Thank you for this suggestion.

• 2 years ago

Pics! So from the narrow hallway where I wanted to put this originally, is the entrance to the living room. It was hard to capture properly, but the opening to the living room has an interesting geometric shape that relates to the fixture, I think. If I hang the fixture to the left of the sofa, above an end table (I'll get rid of the standing lamp and the plant), will it look great, or...like there are too many angles happening? I can use the visualization feature on the product page for the fixture too to help. If I do this I'll post the result.

I should also mention that we rarely use the sconces above the sofa, because they give off really cold and also dim light (LED). I am thinking of painting them the same shade as the wall to make them disappear, and eventually have them removed completely

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The sconces are really a visual distraction Why don’t you remove them immediately and in the interim cover up the holes with some interesting and attractive stuff on the wall. The picture looks lonely 😂 and you could have much more cohesive and pleasing wall

ETA I think the detail in the wall echoes the feel of the chandelier. I learned from my designer that complementing shapes subtly enhances the final feel of a room. Both the chandelier and the arch have a "ziggurat" element to them.

Sasha Folk thanked Helen
  • 2 years ago

Oh! That doorway detail really is a lovely "rhyme" with the light frame. Hanging the light in that corner where your lamp is will be beautiful.

Sasha Folk thanked mcarroll16
  • 2 years ago

Helen, I agree that they are a visual distraction. Art would look much nicer. Ok, I think I have a vision for this room now. Thank you!

• 2 years ago

mcarroll16, thank you for comment! My place doesn't have much original detail, so I like to highlight what I can:)