Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_73050715

Entry way Console-help me decorate it

2 years ago

Please help me decorate this console table. I'm not sure the plant needs to stay there or not. My color scheme is turquoise, grey, and purple.

Comments (23)

• PRO
    2 years ago

That table is pretty unusual and will need the right mirror to complement it. Here are a few options.

• 2 years ago

Consider getting a runner rug that spans the length across the console. Re pot that plant to a pretty ceramic pot. A round decorative mirror. Decorative bowl on console.

• 2 years ago

Something like this? Is this a better rug?

• 2 years ago

I suggest for runner you measure from entryway door to other side of console. So rug spans that length. Something color wise that ties into your decor in that area.

• 2 years ago

Would a wood console be better or will this work? I have the full set with two side tables and coffee table. Not sure if it’s too much.

• 2 years ago

Can you post photos of what rooms are in view of the entryway and where the other tables are? Might help get more feedback.

• 2 years ago

I think a more modern and taller plant base with your modern table would pull everything together easily. Hope this helps!

• PRO
    2 years ago

Here are my suggestions:

Wide framed mirror in similar finish to your base, short runner (approx 2.5 x 7), well proportioned plant in black base:

OR

a large canvas:

• 2 years ago

what ?

• 2 years ago

Turquoise & purple? I would pick one or the other. I would also exchange that console table for a wood one. Then you can style the entry like in Sammie J's comment.

• 2 years ago

Would this work better for modern look?

• PRO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Maybe it is better to remove the plant.

Perhaps add a wall mounted floaing shelf like the following:

• 2 years ago

Personally, I think a console table at the entrance should be practical, warm and welcoming and reflect the style of the rest of your house.

On the practical side, it can hold keys, gloves, etc.. Drawers should be part of the console to hide those practical items. A mirror above is helpful for a quick look before leaving for the day. A lamp and some sort of decorative piece that sets the tone for your home's style can also be included.

I did not see a closet at your entryway, so some sort of coat rack or hooks may help.

The console you have will not allow for any practical storage and it is too small in scale for the space. It also just blends in to the wall and does not really give that statement look to show your style. I also agree that you need a larger rug. Remove the plant.

Painting the wall in a warm colour would add to the welcoming feel your entrance should have. You could also add a small uphoulstered seat (smaller than a bench) for people changing out of their boots/shoes. That would add another layer of texture, colour and warmth.

• 2 years ago

I returned it. Im in fetch of a new console. Few things, we never leave through the main door, so do need somewhere to put keys. I also got rid of the plant. I would love some ideas for modern consoles.

• 2 years ago

Would any of the ones I posted work? Wall is 11’

• 2 years ago

The 3rd one looks the most functional.

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Lower the clock so "6" is 5" above the console.

• 2 years ago

just blow it up, man

• 2 years ago

Would a chair work in the space to the left of the table? I have an accent chair and a smaller three drawer chest in my foyer. The chair is able to be pulled into use elsewhere if needed.

• PRO
    2 years ago

Hi Deepaul, 

How is the house look in colour and textures?

The entrance represents you as a sublime simplified way, and you want the anticipation to the how but not be fake.

Colour pallet of home?

Textures?

Function of entrance?

Carla

• 2 years ago

Buy a bigger rug, the others are too small for an entry area

• 2 years ago

If you need storage, consider a short chest of drawers, maybe a serpentine or bow front as an interesting shape, or cane or fluted as an interesting texture. Before buying a mass produced item, see what is available at your local furniture consignment shop, local Habitat For Humanity Restore, or local high-end thrift store. You may also find a rug there, too. Go big with the rug IMHO, either 3’x5’ rug or a 6’ runner so the entry has some presence as a vignette and is not just a pass through hallway.