Software
Houzz Logo Print
jack826

Bathroom tile and 32 or 34 in vanity advice needed

4 years ago

Hi I am finally remodeling my bathroom. I am looking for a beautiful easy to clean strong tile to match my white large subway tiles with charcoal grout. What color floor would make the room pop? What color vanity and medicine cabinet would you recommend. I love grays and blues. I chose nickel nickel for faucets. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Comments (9)

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    We need pics of the space what tiles and where are they and what are you remoddelling ? We need a ton of info.

    jack826 thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 4 years ago

    Hi Patricia Thank you for responding. I mentioned I am remodeling my bathroom. it is demo right now. I am trying to find ideas of what is color tiles go with white subway tiles and charcoal grout and where can I find a 32 in or 34 in vanity. Do you want me to send a picture of my empty bathroom. I have the measurements I need.



  • PRO
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Are you wanting actual tile suggestions for the floor or just a color? We would need more info for actual tile suggestions. "White subway tile" doesn't tell us the size or tones which affect the type of floor tile to suggest in size, proportion, and color. Unless you want an actual floor color. In that case, every color coordinates with white. The less info you give, the limited the suggestions. What style are you hoping for; contemporary, traditional, MCM, etc? These all very much affect what to suggest and save us all time and energy trying to guess what you like and want.


    jack826 thanked User
  • 4 years ago

    We remodeled recently and did a matte black veined hex tile on the floor - i like the contrast with the white glossy subway wall tile and it feels nice on the feet :) part of the materials selection likely depends in the age/style of the rest of your home - do you have a specific look you are gpng for?


    jack826 thanked la_la Girl
  • 4 years ago

    I chose a slate look gray floor tile with white subway on the shower walls, but as previous posters suggested, the more information you provide the better advice you will get. Even if the room is torn up right now it would help if we knew your style, the size of the subway you're using and how you're planning on installing it (horizontal, vertical, bricklaid, etc.). I will say about the vanity, as you have discovered, 32" and 34" are not standard sizes. The way to get one closer to those sizes is to go to a kitchen cabinet maker (or big box Kraft Maid if you must) as they will be able to do different sizes. Although they don't make something of every dimension they will probably have 33" and also be able supply matching filler pieces if you're installing it between walls. Get a cabinet with drawers if possible as those are more useful in bathrooms. Be aware that a custom sized top will be surprisingly expensive. I don't know what your budget is for this room. Go to a slab yard and ask to look at remnants for the best price.

  • 4 years ago

    Thank you i iwll post pictures.

  • 4 years ago

    I had several bathrooms renovated a few years ago and chose Bertch USA vanities (made in the USA). My kitchen designer highly recommended them. The quality is excellent with soft close drawers. Check out their website! I chose sage green and charcoal. I purchased remnant quartz countertops at a local stone yard (great cost savings). My bathroom flooring is Italian porcelain wood look tile by Energie Kerr: easy to clean, water resistant.

    jack826 thanked kculbers
  • 4 years ago

    beautiful