Software
Houzz Logo Print
ladydoc01

Replacing windows and stucco.

4 years ago

I have to replace about 32 windows, most are in ceder siding. There is stucco on the front of the house with about 5 windows set in the stucco. I am not ready to replace the stucco yet (hope to do board and baton) and then paint the whole house. My contractor said there may be an issue with replacing the windows in the stucco because it may crack and is encouraging us to do the stucco replacement at the same time. The other issue is I also am on the fence with just redoing the stucco in the new color (cost effective) or replacing with hte b and b. So can I expect damage to the stucco when i replace those 5 windows. I hope i have explained myself. My husband thinks people replace windows all the time without touching the siding/walls?


Comments (3)