Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
m__avery

Any ideas on making my dining room cute?

M. Avery
last year

Hi all! I am STRUGGLING setting up my dining room. I recently took everything out of the room besides big things in order to spark some sort of idea but im truly at a lost. i want the room to feel cozy, artsy, family friendly and collected. i think i get overwhelmed by all of the openings. any suggestions on how to make this dining room cozy, collected and clean?

Comments (13)

• P Banos
    last year

Remove the curtains, they are sad. Move the fiber art to a new location, it doesn't read as cosy, collected or clean. Do you only own two chairs? See if you can find two more. A sideboard placed where the fiber art is located will make more sense than the shelving unit. If budget is a problem, look at yard sales, thrift shops. Paint and new pulls can make a piece with a good silhouette very cute. An inexpensive rug would also add cuteness, I'd look at a braided rug with some bold pattern or brighter color

• Lynjen25
    last year
    last modified: last year

If you are planning to mainly work with what you have I’d start by painting the room a more neutral color, maybe something like BM Pale Oak, remove the sheer drapes (I prefer no window treatments if they’re not necessary for privacy), move the shelf where the wall hanging is and find an area rug that works with your dining table and other colors in the room. Bring in a plant or two and maybe that will help set you on your way to pulling the room together.

• everdebz
    last year

The wood frame might be good with fabric of your choice stapled over it.

• everdebz
    last year

Wish could photoshop this rug there.

Safavieh Soho soh720a Rug, Sage/Black, 8'0"x8'0" Round · More Info

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I need to see another space to get some feel for your style also a good idea to explain where all the doorways lead and a to scale floor plan showing all those doorways , windows and measurements. I do not think cute is a good ain for a DR but I need to see your LR please

• Jennifer Hogan
    last year

A home is a collection of rooms, like an outfit. You just told us you want a cute pair of shoes, but didn't tell us what the outfit looks like. Is this the first room that you are decorating and plan on doing other rooms after this is done?

If this is the beginning of your journey there are still fixed elements that can't be changed - kind of like your complexion, hair color, eye color when choosing an outfit. What we pick has to work with the flooring, kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, wood trim. We also have to consider the overall style of the home to pick décor that fits, same as we would need to understand your body shape to pick an outfit that will look good on you. Knowing your favorite colors is important for either choosing a cute outfit or décor for your home. If I love blue and you hate blue, you may not like the décor I choose. If you love lace and pearls and I like leather and chrome you may not like the décor I choose.

Can you help us help you and tell us more about your home, your preferred styles and your favorite colors?

• always1stepbehind
    last year

I'm wondering if a rectangle table would fit better.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    last year

Here's how the room could appear with the right size table and chairs.

• decoenthusiaste
    last year

I see a lot of masculinity in your photos. "Cute" can't start with these items. Respond with more details as requested by others and we'll see what can be done. The window details tell me you may be in a Tudor style home? Is that the case? May we see the exterior to determine how the home itself leads the dance?

• everdebz
    last year

?

Surya Bonifate Bft-1026 Bohemian, Global Area Rug, Round 8'x8' · More Info

• PRO
    Mogul Interior
    last year

Mixing colors and textures is the characteristic of eclectic home decor, so be bold and as different as you wish

Rustic Furniture & Artistic Elements

• everdebz
    last year

I like your wall color.

Nourison Vintage Kashan 7'10" x 9'10" Ivory Vintage Indoor Area Rug · More Info

• everdebz
    last year
    last modified: last year

If yours has a leaf, do you want to put it in and enlarge it into an oval?

is there electric above for a chandelier?

Safavieh Valencia Collection VAL108 Rug, Grey/Multi, 8' X 10' · More Info

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH