Software
Houzz Logo Print
irafikov

What front door would you pick in my case? (Poll)

4 years ago

Hi Guys,


I am replacing my front door and I have three options to select from. I want to get your opinion to see which one you think will look the best for my house.


This is how my front door and garage door look right now.







I am going to be installing 36” door with 6” sidelight. We are going to make whole setup wider as well. Sidelight will have glass with “rain” design.


Please vote on what design will look better for my case. Pictures have different setup, but I will have setup as specified above.


Also for now I am just selecting design, I will select color later. I will paint garage door and other accents in the color of the door.


I have a family member working at a company that installs those doors, I am getting very good deal on those doors and I am NOT interested in other option. Please don’t post advertisement or suggestions for other products or companies.


Thank you in advance,


Irafikov

Option One
Option Two
Option Three

Comments (18)

  • 4 years ago

    None of those style doors match you home

  • 4 years ago

    What style would you suggest? Can you send me a pic?

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    IMO you need some more things done before choosing a front door Those arches over the windows look odd I would start by trying to eliminate those and that window box looking thing from the small window. Making that area door framwwider might be a bigger issue that you might think IMO you do not have enough space to add a bigger door and sidelights so maybe see how that will be accomplished before choosing a door .

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    We opened up the walls from inside and that's the maximum size that I can put in. Installer said so. Installer will remove all trim around to make way for a new door of course.

    I don't understand why do I have to do my door after removing things above. Do elaborate

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    The two panel traditional door is the only one that matches the style of the house (pretty door actually)


    When you paint. those accents above the windows that are currently black should be the trim color, this starkly accented they look like wagon wheels

  • 4 years ago

    Good point. I am going to repaint any accents hat are going to stay and garage door in color of door. I don't like those "wheels" above windows either, I will think about removing them

  • 4 years ago

    Guys, what do you think about 42 inch door instead?

  • 4 years ago

    Think about painting the garage door the same color as the siding since it’s in front.

  • 4 years ago

    Option 1 is the only one that fits the style of your house, the other two are way too contemporary and a total mismatch.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    I like the sidelight idea better than a 42” door. The glass in the sidelight feels more welcoming to me as opposed to a larger, solid door with no glass.

  • 4 years ago

    Very true. I was actually thinking 42" with window/glass. That said, 36/6 is still my preferred setup. I am going to see designs today and see what's the price difference.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    I voted for option one since it's the only style that matches your home.

  • 4 years ago

    Mone of these suit your house.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Sorry but none of these work with your home. Give your contact this photo and see if he/she can secure one for you. Get 42” if possible. Very nice and accommodates getting larger furniture into your home. Paint garage doors trim color. Helps de-emphasize them. Do remove the half round pieces over windows. It’s a nice home and updating your front door is well worth doing. This door is “transitional” and nice for your home.

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Another example. Probably depends on what deal he can get but these are pretty available and cost much less with good contact discounts. Good luck!

  • 4 years ago

    agree, those two are way modern. Doesn't matter what kind of deal you're getting on them if they don't match your home style!


    even though you said no, I'm going to show you what a better option would look like


    some of these would be better









    try some hardware on your garage doors.

    change out the exterior lighting

    the two tone color on the window arches, need to go.


    similar home style. see the diff?


    irafikov thanked Beth H. :
  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    I love sidelightS. But only if you have room for two. Which you don't. So I would stick with a 36" door/ no lights or perhaps a 42" door. Maybe it is just me but I have a visceral dislike of a single sidelight. I know I see them all the time but have never been able to get over really, really not liking them.

    I like the first 4 doors that Beth posted, The last one is too mission/ prairie & don't think it would work on your house nearly as well as any of the first 4.

  • 4 years ago

    @Beth H. : Thank you for so much great info!