Software
Houzz Logo Print
kerrydavis

need rug, picture and curtain ideas for several rooms

3 years ago

Recently purchased a bed and breakfast and looking for decorating tips.. this is what I have so far.. need ideas for pictures, rugs, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .. I want it to be cozy and relaxing. The first two pictures are the same room just different angles. I will put other pictures in the comments . Second two pictures.

Comments (16)

  • 3 years ago

    Another room

  • 3 years ago

    All small rooms.. any suggestions on how to make it more inviting

  • 3 years ago

    Lots of help needed!!

  • 3 years ago

    Maybe wrong decor?

  • 3 years ago

    Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated

  • 3 years ago

    Microwave with fan is going back over the stove.. looks boring.. how do I spruce it up? Open concept in the living room is charcoal, gray sofa, and two ivory chairs.

  • 3 years ago

    Any suggestions?

  • 3 years ago

    So this is going to be used as a bed & breakfast?

    Location, ocean, lake, mountain, city, etc?

    Who will be your customers, age, where will they come from, etc?

    Will you live in this house too?

  • 3 years ago

    You are off to a really good start. Your rooms look clean and fresh. Love your sheepskins :). When I am looking for a vacation rental, I am looking for comfortable, fairly new furniture and bedding. I prefer nightstands, dressers, and tables to be bare, like a hotel (with the exception of lamps). If you really want your listing to stand out, add large art of local scenery - I think you might be in Labrador? Can’t help with a source from here in Colorado, but here are a few bedrooms in a town we often visit that I would consider staying in. Note the simplicity:

  • 3 years ago

    Your kitchen looks perfectly fine as well. Bare counters are good for a vacation rental.

  • 3 years ago

    Not sure you need carpets... but if you do I would use under bed... and I would also say you need to put some color on your walls.. pictures or wall paper

  • 3 years ago

    Nice home! I would place some interesting art on the walls. Maybe from local artists?

  • 3 years ago

    Thank you for the suggestions.. another thing I plan to do was put a map of the world above the desk in the living area and let them to put pins and where they are coming from.

    I do have a number of local pictures as well.. good idea!!! Thank you

  • 3 years ago

    Any examples of pictures I could use above the beds, I’m really struggling with that

  • 3 years ago

    I used to work in marketing at an international B&B search site. The biggest thing that guests commented on was the beds. Don't skimp on the mattresses and bedding. I think your look is clean and modern, and I agree with adding local original art for some character. You could also shop thrift stores and estate sales in your area to add some vintage furniture or decorative pieces. I'd also suggest you go to bnbfinder.com and search for inns in your area for ideas. Here are some pictures of a beautiful place in Nantucket that has your blue-and-white theme. And when it comes time to market, it will be well worth the $$ to hire a professional photographer. In your rooms, I'd take away all the small frames from nightstands and dressers. See below -- only a lamp on the nightstand (plus fresh flowers for staging). And look how crisp that bedding looks.




    Pretty vintage plates on the wall. Again, nothing on the tabletops so that guests have plenty of space for their things.



Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida