Software
Houzz Logo Print
kcmnc

addition layout--partition narrow sitting area?

3 years ago

We are adding a ~20x20ft addition, which is more than enough room for a bed/bath suite incl closet. I was thinking that a wall partitioning the space could create a playroom/office/TV room (top) that would be more useful than a single super large bedroom. The way I sketch it initially, that space is long (20') and narrow (7.5 ft)--a challenge to furnish.


The goal of the addition is to give a child space to grow into the teen years, then to maybe host an aging parent. I'm thinking we'll put books, toys and a craft area now, a place to study and hang out with friends in the teen years, and it can become a place for an elder to have comfort and privacy down the road.


Is there a better way to partition a space of roughly this size into a bed (lower left), bath (lower right), closet (above bath), and multipurpose space (top)? The dimensions of the bed and bath are based on rooms in the existing home that are a comfortable size, but can change if that helps (closet too).


Thanks!



Comments (2)