Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaquelin_rivero78

terrazzo foundation front door

Jaquelin Rivero
8 months ago

Hello everyone,
Trying to find ideas to improve/update Terrazzo step /foundation on front door. If I paint it, will the paint wear out from constant stepping? Below is a picture of the door that we will be installing and I just don’t care for the Terrazzo look and also a close up of the terrazzo with our current blue door.

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 months ago

Well if you hate it it needs to be replaced you can't go ontop of it with anything without changing the door frmaing I think painting will look a lot worse than waht it looks like now . I think the terazzo kindof suits the new door but I need to see the whole house so take apic further back post here in a comment DO NOT start another post.

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Thanks Patricia! The new door will not be ready for a couple of weeks, so we still have wiggle room to make changes; how about tiling? Here’s the house pic

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Here’s a brighter pic

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Lol

• HU-227031627
    8 months ago

See if there is a dye or stain that will work with terrazzo

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 months ago

The fact is you cannot add anything on top of this there is not space .I think the terazzo suits the house the garage doors not at all and for sure not with that new front door .

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Would you be willing to suggest a garage door style?

• RedRyder
    8 months ago

Your new door is leaning MCM and there are quite a few garage doors that do too. Found all of these on Pinterest.

• RedRyder
    8 months ago

I bet there are front doors to match if that would make you happy.

• Jan
    8 months ago

Definitely change your garage door to look more like your new door. Clean and polish the terrazzo and the cement and get a great door mat.

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Absolutely it LOVE with my door!! Still needs a few touchups, but it’s a beautiful door

• felizlady
    7 months ago

What is the purpose of the screws at the step-up? One looks like it could catch the toe of a shoe…
    may be a trip hazard. Screw them all in or remove the screws and fill with matching-color filler.

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Those were there from the prior door so that we could put up the shutters; they will be filled in, and we are still looking into tiling the Terrazzo

• k8cd
    7 months ago

I think the new front door looks great!
    And I know you don’t want to hear this, but it looks great with the terrazzo.

I would definitely look into replacing the garage doors so that the style matches your new door. RedRyder gave some great options.

• HU-187528210
    7 months ago

Haha I agree , that door is magnificent and it works amazingly with the terrazzo.

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    7 months ago

I can see getting used to the Terrazo; k8cd, those garage doors were beautiful!! I just have to look into cost…need to balance my expenses

• jendebaunhoward
    7 months ago

I think the terrazzo looks good with the new door. Aesthetically it just fits.

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Back again asking for help with decor. The side wall is long, how can I decorate? The wall next to the door/window is for the light and numbers shown below (we have 5 house numbers). We have to clean and polish the cement walkway and eventual landscape

• Paul F.
    3 months ago

Your camera angle is making that look 20 feet long. This angle makes it looks short. How long from the front corner to the corner next to the door?

• Jaquelin Rivero
    Original Author
    3 months ago

It’s 15.5 ft corner to corner; the older picture is deceiving

• RedRyder
    3 months ago

There is a landscaping answer to this. Post again after your beautiful house numbers are up.