Software
Houzz Logo Print
chandraclewley

Dining Room Dilemma Part 2

3 years ago

I am at a loss…I need help with adding to my dining room.

  1. My dining room is the center of our house and the first room people walk into.
  2. I bought a burl wood late 90’s “ash blonde” art deco revival Thomasville table off marketplace and loved the look but now I’m having a super difficult time matching anything to it.
  3. I got rid of the chairs it came with because they were massive, heavy and way too Tommy Bahama for what I wanted
  4. I bought the 8 new white chairs to add to it
  5. I’ve found a rug in the style I might want to try
  6. I need storage desperately
  7. I want make my dining room and living room cohesive.
  8. The style I am drawn to at the moment is art deco revival (think 1980’s) or postmodern, or brutalist. Think curves in furniture but not a lot of detail, stone furniture (tessellated, concrete, plaster, waterfall pieces) with earthy tones and textures, nothing too glitzy.
  9. The sunken living room has Saltillo tile, the dining room and rest of the house is wood floors in a medium tone. The living room has an 80’s serpentine Weiman white couch and a huge cement and wood custom credenza, an 80’s lacquer mirror, brass and plaster lamps and a large rug that has to stay (its from British Occupied India, and it’s an antique and the only item that has a pattern in the room)
  10. I’m feeling like I made a terrible mistake by buying this table even though I do love it. It has one leaf in it at this point
  11. The lighting fixture can stay or go. I like it but I’m not married to it. It’s crystal.

Any ideas? I’m sooo stuck!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County