Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizj216

MSI Calacatta Castana

Liz Jackson
3 months ago

Has anyone installed MSI’s new Calacatta Castana quartz slabs in their kitchen? I’d love to see a picture. I’m thinking about purchasing. Thank you!

Comments (19)

• acm
    3 months ago

i'm sure they have examples in a gallery on their site. How happy you will be will depend a lot on the shape of your counter and what kind of seams will be required, as this kind of large motion can be tricky on turns...

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thank you! I have seen the full slabs and was hoping to see it in a kitchen and on an island. I mainly wanted to see how the movement of the quartz looks when in the kitchen environment. My island is 10’ and will have no seams. My 48” range will be centered on a long counter reach and therefore I shouldn’t have seam issues there either.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    3 months ago

It’s a brand new product, and there are no photos in MSI’s Inspiration Gallery.

• M Craig
    3 months ago

I am also interested in this, It looked like real stone. What backspalsh are you thinking?

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    3 months ago

We are going to use the quartz as the backsplash too. We are still months away from installing because our renovation is extensive. I’m pretty set on using it and I can send you pictures when I’m done if you aren’t in a hurry. I’m thinking May. The slabs are beautiful in person and look more realistic than a lot of the quartz out there.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I’m hoping to achieve a backsplash look like the one in this picture.

• M Craig
    3 months ago

I am planning to use it for my backsplash as well, with the exception of a side butlers pantry area.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Please send me a picture if you put it in before me. I’m really excited to see it used.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    2 months ago

They have a few other pictures if you want to look them up on Facebook.

• Sadiya Rehman
    13 days ago

Omg I just came across your post. I’m alsonwondering what this quartz looks like in a kitchen and my kitchen inspo was the same pic as you posted above!!!

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    13 days ago

You’ve got good taste😂. The quartz is hard to get! I have purchased 5 slabs and am waiting for delivery. The ship is supposed to bring them in on April 26. They need to go through customs and I’m hoping to have them by May 7🤞. I’ll post again once they are installed. Hopefully, by the end of May.

• Sadiya Rehman
    13 days ago

Oh wow. You must have a nice kitchen layout for 5 Slabs! Are you doing a mitered edge edge or the 2cm edge? I have a 8 ft island with a 12” overhang and no support posts under the overhang. Can’t decide if the material is strong since its not 3cm. But i love it since its the only quartz that looks like marble.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    12 days ago

We are doing a 10 foot island with a 15” overhang. I did buy some steel supports that won’t be seen in case they are needed. Our fabricator thus far thinks we won’t need them because I’m putting 45” panels on each side of the island with the quartz being a total of 48”. We are going to miter the edges. We don’t have a huge house but I wanted a large kitchen. We have a lot of counter space, but I’ll also using the quartz as my backslash.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    12 days ago

This is what I bought to use.

• Liz Jackson
    Original Author
    12 days ago

I like that it adds the support without being seen.

• Sadiya Rehman
    12 days ago

Love that. We went to see slabs again today and decided calacatta castana is really what we want. Since it looks like porcelain but isnt! And we are doing a miter edge too. I have 48x87 island including a 12 inch overhang with no support under the overhang and the fabricator told us it should be fine!

• Sadiya Rehman
    12 days ago

I might buy that too! The picture is exactly how much island would be too so makes sense to me. Thank you for sharing!

• Sadiya Rehman
    12 days ago

How my*