Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erin_muganfortuni

Breakfast area help

Erin Mugan-Fortuni
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

Redid our kitchen and we have an eat in area with a big blank wall. Not looking for suggestions on a larger table or more seating because we have a large 77-104inch table very closeby in our formal dining room and seating at a peninsula from the dining room looking into the kitchen.

*kitchen was DIY so be nice, its also not complete (cabinet to ceiling molding, window sill, tranistion piece for flooring was delayed, some paint still needed, etc) ill drop a before photo for fun

This is the wall i am asking about! TIA

edit to add! wall is 12feet, table is on a 6’ round rug

Comments (6)

• Hellogardener
    3 months ago

Great job on the remodel. What is it you need help with? Colors or additional decor?

• flopsycat1
    3 months ago

Great job! Not much help here, but the little potty against the wall brought on a smile. With two toddler grandchildren, I get it!

• howistyle
    3 months ago

It looks like you have little ones? Since they tend to migrate to where you are, I would suggest turning that corner into a play zone complete with lower level chalk board paint and shelves for toys, coloring books etc. You can hang colorful art above and this area can transition over time as your family grows. Great job on the kitchen too!!

• Erin Mugan-Fortuni
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thanks!! I am very self conscious because we had no designer so I tried to pick simple shades but it strikes a bit awkward. For context the home is in a rural agricultural area on a little country acre and we are a family who raises chickens and a garden for food

Maybe decor on the wall or treatment recommendation? Board and batten?

• J Steel
    3 months ago

Good job! If you don’t need any more storage in the empty corner would you consider centering your table on the wall and hanging a large picture of something you love?

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations