Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyara_wiera

White Quartz or granite- kitchen countertops

Lyara Wiera
last month
last modified: last month

I have white kitchen cabinets. I am changing my countertops for white quartz or granite. i would like to have an off white subway BS, using 3x12” tiles. May i see your white valley granites? I have not been able to find many pictures of this granite.

Comments (11)

• cat_ky
    last month

Before you decide on countertops, make sure the white of the countertops matches, the white on your cabinets. Backsplash needs to go with both too. Please post some pictures, so we can see what you are talking about. White valley granite has a lot of veining, and can look beige at times, or gray at times.

Lyara Wiera thanked cat_ky
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month

I think wait until the counters are in then choose the BS Seeing anything in someone elses home is IMO never helpful unless they have the exact sme home, coors , lighting etc all of those things affcet colors. I find mizing whites can be very hard to get right and I think a nce gray tile for the BS would be a great choice since i think you have enogh whites in the space . There are tons of pics of the granite but until your slab is in your space you do not choose BS. BTW make sure all your lighting is LED 4000K too or the whites will take on a yellow hue.

Lyara Wiera thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Lyara Wiera
    Original Author
    last month

okay after much thinking, we have decided to go with a white quartz. this is what i wantedcsince the beggining. i will not choose a backsplash until the countertop is set. see attached pics. the island will have a overhang of 12" at the end. i am trying to decide what white woukd look better with the cabinets. also the wall will be painted later in a fidferent color.

• Lyara Wiera
    Original Author
    last month

• Lyara Wiera
    Original Author
    last month

• tlynn1960
    last month

You have somewhat ornate, traditional raised panel cabinetry. Have you looked at soapstone? Something about the quartz just doesn't seem to go with the style of your doors. Hopefully some pros will weigh in now that you've posted pics.

And the 12" overhang is on the short end with the electic outlet open to whatever space is adjacent to the kitchen?

• darbuka
    last month

Fake marble counters will make your dated partial overlay, arched cabinets look even more dated. Quartz is just wrong for your kitchen…unless you’re going to change the cabinets.

• cat_ky
    last month

To be honest, when I look at those pictures of your kitchen, I think the black counters you have look very nice. Much nicer than any of the quartz you are posting above.

• Lyara Wiera
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you for all comments and suggestions. i will remove the balance🫣😊 and the window will be framed. also, the cabinets will have crown molding. after looking at several slabs, i have fallen in love with 2 granites! Bianco Romano and white Galaxy. both have a lot of whites. Sometime this year, my woodfloor will be restained. as per cabinet doors, i might condider to replace. So i think its between White galaxy and Bianco Romano! ???

• Lyara Wiera
    Original Author
    last month

Oh the refrigerstor its counter deph. 28"