Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorenrvasquez

tv console / sideboard size dilemma

LVasquez
14 days ago
last modified: 14 days ago

Hi all- I am trying to figure out which console to get to put below our huge wall-mounted TV.

the TV is 66" across. The wall it's on is in sort of a nook next to a diagonal wall with a pretty bulky fireplace surround, so I'm trying to be careful for it not to look too heavy/cluttered.

Deciding between a 63" piece that will be a few inches smaller, or a 70" piece that will be a few inches bigger, but will definitely fill that space more.

Attached is a very quick and dirty photoshop job. Please ignore the details- I just quickly took out the beast i have sitting there now.

Opinions are so, SO appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (6)

• LVasquez
    Original Author
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

Thank you! I was actually considering doing something low like that.

I use that cabinet to store my 8 year old's toys, so I was thinking taller was better in the end. (I'm in a condo with NO storage).

Good point about the color- that also makes total sense. The TV is not on the wall yet, so I will definitely put it low when/if I find a lower cabinet. Thank you again!!!

ETA another dirty photoshop mockup. Does this look better? It looks weird to me, but I have also been staring at it forever.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

You are 100% positive, this is the ONLY wall for tv?

The fire: The mantel and ship lap detail is incongruous with the quite traditional surround and the herringbone marble. That really is part of the issue as much as size of console: )

There's too much going on in that area.

For now? I'd lower the tv, have no console.

Or? Give us more pics of the room and perhaps a different location? A bit less decor on the mantel would help as well.

LVasquez thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    13 days ago

I'd suggest the TV should be mounted lower on the wall.

I'd also ask if there isn't a better wall for TV placement.

LVasquez thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

The TV is too high and maybe just a very shallow wall mounted shelf with a drawer for that cabinet to not be too heavy. Take the clutter off the mantel too. Something like this

LVasquez thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • LVasquez
    Original Author
    13 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Thank you for all of the comments!

I wish I had another wall for the TV, but I'm in a condo and space is very limited. That wall is the only one where the TV can be placed, unfortunately. :(

I'm definitely going to go lower with the cabinet and TV- I love that idea. I mentioned above that the cabinet has to be able to store toys/art supplies, so functionality is really important.

The fireplace may have elements that are incongruous with each other, but I actually love it so much! Probably why I'm no pro decorator. lol

You guys are great- thank you again!

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County