Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ann23941

Considering painting this bedroom - colors?

Ann
10 years ago
I've posted about my bedroom lately and I bought a new headboard and lamps and painted the nightstands as a result of the discussion. If I can talk my husband into helping, maybe I'll paint too.

Comments (437)

• Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Not sure yet about where to sleep tonight abbyjean. All the windows are open and there is a nice breeze through the house, so that should help a lot.
  • Monica Ellison
    10 years ago
    Hi Ann,

It looks beautiful! I love it! Excellent choice.
    Ann thanked Monica Ellison
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Paint the blue gray from shams.
  • Monica Ellison
    10 years ago
    The quilt looks great with the new wall color. I am glad you did not change it. Very classy and sophisticated.
    Ann thanked Monica Ellison
  • nanamimi54
    10 years ago
    Sage green paint
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    The room is painted. nanamimi54.
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Not a great comparison (daytime and nighttime), but here is a current before and after from my two recent bedroom dilemmas. Remember, I will still be getting this little round bolster and silver/gray throw to add to the bed. I think it's come a long way. Do you think so too??
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Oh wow Ann, that coco is yummy. looks really good and I am not a brown room fan.
  • munecachina
    10 years ago
    Congrats on your room!! Looks lovely.... Yes, it has definitely come a long way :)
    Ann thanked munecachina
  • edithsmom
    10 years ago
    Perfect color.
    Ann thanked edithsmom
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Just gotta love Michele's points (in the second comment of over 700), "furniture is extremely country" and "bedside tables sort of scream country". Then, she hung in with me and gently nudged me though the whole process with one great suggestion after another. Same thing with SO many others in these two discussions too. Houzz can be so much fun, so helpful, and such a great learning experience. I'm very grateful, thanks for helping everyone!
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Glad you took the positive vs the negatives and ran with it Ann.
    Ann thanked armygirl1987
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    One of my favorite transformations on this site! Enjoy your new sanctuary!! Sweet dreams!
    Ann thanked abbyjean
  • mveasey
    10 years ago
    Looking great, Ann. Well done! You should be proud.
    Thanks for including us in the whole thing, it was exciting to read and see.
    Ann thanked mveasey
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    It is really a beautiful transformation, more than happy that you love it. This has been fun for me because you were so willing to go for it. Hooray for you, look at the sanctuary you created. Don't worry though, I'll still be hanging around to see what else you'd like to update. Don't ever give up on houzzers Ann, we may not always agree with each other, but we are all interested in helping you. :)
    Ann thanked mefor
  • jen046
    10 years ago
    You're my hero, Ann!
    Ann thanked jen046
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I know you guys are probably sick to death of my bedroom pictures, so here's the last one (until I get my throw and bolster:). But, here it is in the daytime.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    We will never tire of the room Ann..
    Ann thanked armygirl1987
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That color couldn't have been more perfect, what a delight!!! :)
    Ann thanked mefor
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Looks and feels wonderful!
    Ann thanked LB Interiors
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I agree Ann. Guess what the Hooker is in and I should have her by Friday. Yeah....
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Yay, she sure took a long time. We've been on pins and needles to see this room done. I can't imagine how anxious you've been!
  • papoodles
    10 years ago
    That, Ann- is one of the most successful room transformations I have seen in a loong time.
    I do believe that Michele is a color whizz..she has such a great, unerring sense of color. Amazing! One day I will ask her to find a daring color for my bedroom:-)
    Ann thanked papoodles
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    OK everyone, I can't resist. I'm going to start an upholstery dilemma for my living room. Could be dangerous as the only thing I plan to change is the upholstery on two chairs and I'm sure I'll get many of the usual "change everything" comments and get my feelings hurt. Also, I won't be able to afford it until 2014, but it'll be fun to get ideas.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    You had to wake up with a smile on your face this morning! What a good feeling, not only to know it is DONE, but to know it looks sp perfect!
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    When you frame that lithograph, go a little oversize on the mats and frame, then hang it over your bed. The wall looks a little bare there--needs some art.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Ann, can you post the link here.
  • wickedwhite
    10 years ago
    Wow Ann! Looks beautiful. Congratulations! You did a great job. (Love the fluffy pillow inserts too.. )
    Ann thanked wickedwhite
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Where's the discussion Ann, link or title? Love to be in on it. Left you a message on the considering paint discussion, check it out. :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Think you need these on nightstand, love the last two, silver with grosgrain ribbon or the silver and mother of pearl .
    Ann thanked mefor
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Thanks papoodles. :)
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Michele, I totally agree about the nightstand frames needing updating. Where are those last two from - I think they'd be perfect?
    Thanks wickedwhite! I finally bought queen size bed pillows for the RH standard pillow shams and it worked out. It was really hard to figure out because RH standard shams are two inches longer than standard pillow inserts and king inserts were too big. Queen pillows aren't common, but I found them online. Those shams look soooo much better now - thanks for the suggestion!
    Nancy, it's Margaret that has a lithograph to frame - too many bedrooms going on at the same time :) Actually, I wish there were more bedroom discussions - I love them.
    Here's a link to the upholstery discussion:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/would-like-help-choosing-new-upholstery-fabric-for-my-wing-chairs-dsvw-vd~651122
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    All frames are pottery barn. They have sales on them every so often. Great way to update some of your "country style" frames all around house as you continue your more contemporary, stylish metamorphosis. :)
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I love the last two but I really love them all.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Me too Angela :)
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    I like bedding, and I think a gray/blue from shams would work on all walls. Don't buy that small pillow from RH get pillows in a solid in a gray blue satin fabric. TJMax good price. Add a couple in different size. Add a blue/gray throw at food. Turn cover back 1/4 way dn. just for a more interesting bed. I would get gray sheets. You need a bold pop of color over bed. Think peacock. Mix it up. Even add tall mirrors 4ft over night stands center vertically, with silver frame. Hang 1" above night stand remove frames and center lamps in front of it. I think taller lamps in a silver thin base with a drum shade in silver ck TJMax. Nothing else on bed side. Would perk up the look.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    I don't know if room, but new night stands in a dark wood chest type longer would set bed off. Your night stands are too small for bed and headboard and throwing off room. Get it with brush nickel hardware.
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    Oops, sorry Ann, got the wrong person! That's the problem with posting on so many dilemmas! But you could use some art there, in any case...
    Ann thanked Nancy Walton
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    I'm sending you a PM on your ideabooks..
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh that's a first for me Nancy - let me see if I can find it in my ideasbooks.
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    OK, I found messages - I should see it when it comes.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Of course I didn't read all post. See you painted. Looks good.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Travisinteriors-you will give Ann an heart attack, she just had the nightstand redone.
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I agree they are a bit small, but good enough, and they do look good redone.
    Thanks travisinteriors about the wall paint color. It looks so good in person.
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh, travisinteriors, not sure you meant nightstand paint color or wall paint color but I like them both :)
  • mkritt
    10 years ago
    I think your bedroom turned out beautifully...I may become a brown convert..shhh don't let my husband hear me say that!!
    Ann thanked mkritt
  • Ann
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Nancy, I never did get a message. I'm assuming you haven't sent it yet or else I don't know how to access it.
  • lilchik
    10 years ago
    Great transformation Ann! Your room looks very welcoming! Excellent choice of accent wall paint color!
    Ann thanked lilchik
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    Ann, I posted under your bedrooms ideabook...