Software
Houzz Logo Print
karptonite

Pull down bridge faucet finishes

2 years ago

When we recently remodeled our kitchen, we splurged on a pricey Rohl bridge faucet in a "living" finish, that we love the look of.


Unfortunately, I didn't give quite enough thought to how the side sprayer would work for us; I'm left handed, and having that side sprayer on the right makes it nearly useless to me. This is exacerbated by the fact that this side sprayer is unusually heavy, and doesn't work as well as other sprayers I've used. While it kind of kills me, I'm considering replacing the whole fixture with a bridge faucet that has a pulldown sprayer instead.


Of course, that leads to a couple issues: First, we would now have a plug in our brand new counter where the old side sprayer was, but I can live with that; we might even consider filling it with a second soap dispenser, so we can have separate dish and hand soap dispensers.


But I'm having trouble finding a bridge faucet with a pull down sprayer in a similar finish--specifically, we are looking for something that wears similar to the Rohl, and will blend well with the other fixtures here (also from Rohl) as they wear over time. I see some fixtures from other companies in oil rubbed bronze or similar finish, but it isn't clear whether those are coated to keep the finish, or whether they are designed to wear--I assume that in general, most people expect fixtures to stay the color they are when you get them, if it doesn't say otherwise in the product listing.


Does anyone know of a decent, bridge faucet with a pull down sprayer that has a "living" dark brass/bronze finish? If I can't find one, this is definitely a first-world problem, and I can use the sink fine, but with regard to the functionality, I'm looking longingly at other fixtures that cost a small fraction of the price of this one.



Comments (13)

  • PRO
    2 years ago

    Most brands of faucets will have a color that remains as is and does not age. There are some better brands that offer an unlaquered brass finish which will patina over time, but it starts out a bright brass, not the color you are showing.

    Try a Google search for bridge faucets with pull down sprayers and that may help lead you to different brands.

    Good luck

  • 2 years ago

    I'd check out California Faucets, Newport Brass, and Waterstone. All offer a large variety of finishes including living finishes.


    Unless I'm mistaken, however, you're likely to end up with two plugs in your new counter. I believe the Rohl faucet you have requires three holes to be drilled in the counter; nearly all other bridge faucets are two-hole. I looked at similar Rohl faucets and didn't choose them for that reason.

  • 2 years ago

    HU-918119203, a bridge faucet with a pull-down sprayer and an extending hose will need three holes--the center one for the hose to extend down through under the sink. So I think on that, we'll be fine.

  • 2 years ago

    Would it work to switch your beverage faucet and sprayer? I realize this would require a plumbing change under your sink, but your fixtures and maybe the holes in your counter could stay the same. I'm thinking that you wouldn't use the beverage faucet at the same time as the main faucet, so having it on the right might work.

  • 2 years ago

    Chicagoans: my wife is right handed, so that wouldn’t help. honestly, it also a pretty lousy sprayer; solid brass makes is as sturdy as you would expect, but it’s HEAVY! Also, the button is so firm that it takes some real force to activate it.

    Not having a (very) functional side sprayer isn’t the worst thing, but it is occasionally irritating.

  • PRO
    2 years ago




  • 2 years ago

    ^^ I have that Armstrong bridge faucet just posted, in unlacquered brass, and I love it. As I remember, they also had some different finishes that were unavailable in the US; I had started to place an order with some place in the UK but then I found what I was looking for (or changed my mind, or something, can't exactly remember). If you are interested in the unlaquered brass at all, I can also post a current photo with the patina. It's been about a year.




    Daniel thanked Jack Oliver
  • 2 years ago

    Jack Oliver—I just saw this post. i’d love to see a current photo with the patina!

  • PRO
    2 years ago

    Do you have NOTIFICATIONS switched on ? It you don't you won't know when someone commented......

  • PRO
    2 years ago

    I have no clue why a bridge faucet at all they went out of favor for obvious use issues and they certainly never had a spray feature .

  • 2 years ago

    Use the hole for a soap dispenser. Mine is on the left and I’m right handed - it’s not a big issue.

  • 2 years ago

    I still love mine, function and everything. Photos aren't great, I may try again tomorrow when lighting is better.









    \