Shop Products
74frank

Wall paint ideas

This is the main bathroom in coastal home. I’d like to keep the window covering and shower curtain but open to ideas.

• last month

I do t know how to add multiple photos. Even though I selected six photos from my library, only one posted.
    The shower curtain is wide horizontal navy and white stripes.

The valance and the blue rugs look terrible in this room. No one uses rugs that wrap around toilets anymore. Consider using a patterned washable rug like Ruggable in the bathroom.

Maybe consider just the shirred curtains on the window or a Roman shade.

Use a full height shower curtain that runs from floor to ceiling. with a viny liner on the inside.

• last month

You’ve got a great start with a nice, classic room. I agree, the rugs are not helping the room and neither is the valance. Remove the rug around the toilet for sure. Then replace the sink one with a textured solid white. The tub mat can match and you can drape it over the tub when not in use, if you like. It’s hard to tell from the pic, but the wall color seems ok for a more subdued look. I like it but others here may have better ideas. I’d store those necessities in the vanity, which is my preference. Or get a unit that’s got doors. I personally don’t like towels on back of the toilet as they can be subject to the toilet flush “residue” for lack of a better word.

• last month

I agree the navy rugs/valance don’t work in the room. On my screen, the vanity wood is too warm for the rest of the room. Maybe you could paint it a medium gray-blue pulled from the upper right area of the New Yorker print.

• last month

Remove window valance and curtains and replace with Roman shade or some type of horizontal blind. Next remove all the dark blue rugs and instead use a runner in front of the vanity...as suggested check out ruggables for ideas. Next, remove the hand towels and towel bar over toilet for reason listed above and that it is just in a silly place. Remove the metal rack and store supplies elsewhere....it just looks tacky there. Start with these changes and then re-evaluate.

• last month

Here’s some inspiration for you:

As far as paint - maybe a warm white?

• last month

Take away all the rugs, towels, etc. and really go all in on a navy-and-white bathroom. Here are some ideas that are doable in yours. Dark walls to highlight the wood vanity. White and navy wallpaper. Blue wainscoting 2/3 up the wall.

I just used high wainscoting in a really tight powder room and it definitely makes the room bigger. Less stuff in the floor (one rug) will also make the room larger.

• last month

Love this paint color

• last month

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas to improve the room. They make much more sense than what I have.
    I like the Roman shade idea but still must have privacy so could I leave the white cafe curtain up with the Roman shade?

• last month

It is a bad place for the towels. This is where the builder the towel holder. No other wall space though.

Thanks for a fresh look at this. I like your suggestions very much.

• last month

You could adhere an obscuring film on your window for privacy.

• last month

Take down the navy valance (the upper one) and do a fun fabric on the lower rod AFTER you’ve made other decisions.

I am not a fan of the film-on-glass idea. Curtains are prettier…. 😊

• last month

There is nothing wrong with a valance with cafe curtains or cafe curtains by themselves.

This board is “anti-valance.”

The dark blue is too stark for the room. If you want to change the look and give it a more coastal look, here is one of several possibilities...

Same idea in navy...