Software
Houzz Logo Print
oldworldroses

Darlow's Enigma from Angel Gardens

Just bought a gallon size Darlow's Enigma from Angel Gardens who grow organic, own root roses. It was cheaper than Heirloom roses and arrived in decent shape. A little surprised they shipped now and not in Fall.

Should I pot it up and wait till fall to plant it. Where I propose to put it is mostly shade in the afternoon and gets some morning sun. No other rose has done well at that site at the edge of the branches of a Japanese maple ( I dug a big hole and the soil is loamy there). I do have a Compassion ( Harkness) that is directly under the Japanese maple and it took off like a rocket and is thriving.

Hopefully Darlow's Enigma will grow fast enough to reach for the plentiful sunshine that's available if it's branches grew a little longer.

Comments (3)