Software
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_storm32

Is this mirror too narrow and blah for this space?

2 years ago

With the tall ceilings, I feel like this space needed a taller mirror… it is currently just leaning against the wall…thoughts? Does it work well with this space?

Comments (13)

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    I don't like it with the chest, but yes, hang it.



  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    Scale seems good, but something about the reflection is disorienting in relation to the outward view from the windows. With different, more full window treatments, you might not feel the need for the mirror.

  • 2 years ago

    I think it can work, size wise, but I would probably look for some large art instead, to add some color.

  • 2 years ago

    I wouldn't use a mirror in that space. Looking at the wall, it appears to have a staircase built between the windows. Disconcerting and adds no value.

  • 2 years ago

    IMO, it just seems off with the tall, thin windows. Since it reflects nothing but the stairs, I think art would be better.

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    Not good in that spot. It reflects a staircase. Along with the tall pant it makes the windows look taller. I would look for art that goes no higher than the space between windows. Also I agree you need more panels for your windows. They should be 2.5 - 3 times the width of the window.

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    I can understand what you were trying to achieve, but the mirror is doing nothing for balance, the wall or the room. I also feel the piece underneath feels like a dresser (if remaining there). Work with the room (vs windows) and a large piece of art would be a nicer focal point.


    If that doesn’t appeal to you, the art can be smaller scaled, but it‘s important that what is underneath suits. I don’t know your style, but hope these help with the idea of creating a proportionate vignette.




  • PRO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    This mirror nothing reflects but stairway. I would replace it with wall art. Move this mirror in a different room, may be in bedroom.

  • 2 years ago

    It is so odd and grand that I actually kind of like it. It really brings attention to the soaring ceiling height, which is nice. But, I too don't love that it doesn't reflect anything I want to see more of - just a staircase.

  • 2 years ago

    I would put this mirror where I WISH there was a window, but in the end it is about the reflection and your space does not need to SEE a staircase.

  • 2 years ago

    It doesn’t do the space justice. I agree with the other comments above.

    A piece of art you love will probably look better.

  • PRO
    2 years ago

    IMO mirrors should always reflect something worth seeing twice and not that one Add a nice of art there who want to see a staircase twice and IMO the chest lloks too much like a dresser

  • PRO
    last year

    You might consider trying a large rectangle piece of artwork instead of the mirror. It feels too thin and too out of place at the moment.

    Spa Retreat Bathroom Remodel · More Info


    Sleek & Modern · More Info