Software
Houzz Logo Print
dhaertel

Need help with Family room built in color in an open concept kitchen.

13 years ago
I am currently building a house. It is an open concept kitchen-family room floor plan with a very large island in between both. I am planning on painting my kitchen cabinets a creamy white. I was planning on staining the island an espresso color. I have built ins flanking a stacked stone fireplace in the family room. I would like to stain my family room built ins well, since I feel stain presents better with the stacked stone. My dilemma lies in that I would like them to be a lighter color than the espresso in the kitchen. More of a natural wood tone. Will this be too much? (I have typically seen white kitchen cabinets with white built ins in the family room in an open concept, so I am concerned that 2 different stains will compete)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz