Software
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Help Needed For Master Bedroom Decor

last year
last modified: last year

I moved into a new home and my master bedroom is sparse.I need guidance on an area rug, picture idea for over the bed, bench at the foot of the bed and any other great ideas and suggestions! All appreciated.I would also like to put a small bookcase somewhere but not sure which wall to put it on. Please send help!
**photos in comments

Comments (12)

  • last year






  • last year






  • last year

    First,I would ensure that bedside furniture pieces are at the same height on each side.Should be easy to put glides on legs to elevate.
    For comfortable use the bedside table surface should be level with the top of the mattress.
    If you like to step out of bed onto a cosy surface,consider area rugs that fit at each side.
    Not crazy about art work hung above the bed head...hazard in earthquake region and you only get a brief glimpse upon entering the room.Also will require contortions when dusting.
    Better to display artworks on wall opposite the bed,so you can enjoy favorite pictures upon awakening and while lounging.
    Try various configurations,take your time as ultimately it is your preference.

  • PRO
    last year

    These furniture pieces should be moved to the right.







    NewEnglandgal thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • last year

    Place a chest of drawers in the corner, and a TV stand behind it - an incomprehensible empty corner with a hanging wire there is no use. Place a small chair (or pouf) between the window and the chest of drawers. Another option is to put a bench at the foot of the bed, then the chair/pouf is not needed, and hang a large unobtrusive art on the wall to the right of the window.

  • PRO
    last year

    I would place the dresser and chest of drawers on the same wall. You can place a bench at the end of the bed and/or an armchair by the window with a task lamp. A large area rug, and layer your bedding (what is shown isn't quite like yours but gives the idea). Place curtain panels on the window and art on the walls.


    NewEnglandgal thanked lisedv
  • last year
    last modified: last year

    Move the highboy to the wall with the painting or into a walk-in closet.

    I would not place those two pieces of furniture side by side or too close to each other on perpendicular walls.

  • last year

    What I proposed looks something like what lisedvdescribed.
    I only recommend shifting the chest of drawers to the left, then the TV will be maximally centered. And instead of a floor lamp, a lamp on the chest of drawers will be enough. And if you put a flower, then near the window (floor) or on a chest of drawers.

  • last year

    I would love to find some nice big side tables that would look good with my furniture. What do you (or anyone else) suggest. These actually came with the set. I am open to any suggestions.

  • PRO
    last year

    The nightstands can contrast the bed




    NewEnglandgal thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • last year

    I might consider incorporating the desired small bookcase into the new nightstands or into the bench at the end of the bed.

    NewEnglandgal thanked melindas1977