Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_446384553

awkward boho decor, help !

Im dead set on leaving the macrame. ( I don’t mind removing the Lunar moths ) I need help with how to even it out. Obviously I couldn’t center it on the wall because of the air receiver, but what else could I add so it doesn’t feel so lop-sided? My style is a combination of boho and trendy modern. I’m not opposed to anything. I have framed graffiti in my house and disco balls. I considered purchasing those little green army men to “climb down” the thermostats onto the top of the air receiver to play into the air receiver. What are your suggestions ?

Comments (12)

  • last year

    I'm not opposed to the army men. I have a lego sized Minion that sits on top of my thermostat and chills there.


    What about a small mirror, maybe diamond shaped or flip a square one somehow, to play off the diamond in the macrame? Also could see a small shelf with a plant that spills out and meanders down but I don't know if the plant would thrive near the register though. If a plant will be ok there you could also hang one from a macrame holder. Otherwise I'd go fun eclectic clock.

  • last year

    Try moving the macrame up 6 or 8 inches so that the dangling string clears the thermostate a bit more. If you made the macrame, you could add a slight gather at zig zag height that would also help clear the thermostat gracefully.


    One pack of army men or pirates and one of dinosaurs would be my preference.


  • last year

    If open to moving it to a larger wall, it would be appreciated much more and look to make that area more fun.


  • last year

    so cool! i feel like the macrame needs a bigger wall to flaunt all of its awesomeness

  • last year

    I think I would just centre it on the wall a bit higher. I know it'll partially cover the vent but I think it'll let enough air through.

  • PRO
    last year

    The wall hanging is too large for this space.


  • PRO
    last year

    I am not a lover of boho but I do think the macrame is a nice piece that needs a better place to hang and I have no clue as to the rest of your home so I need pics of at least of the LR that I assume is decorated in the style you love, The feathers take away from the wall hanging and I have no idea about green army men , so maybe yes maybe no. IMO boho can go from awesome to racky in a heartbeat and green army men can do the same.

  • last year

    I agree that we need more photos. My first thought would be to paint the wall a dark color so that the macrame hanging pops but I'm not sure about that without seeing the rest of the space.

  • PRO
    last year

    ONE idea please

    The macrame is in the wrong spot. It looks like a second grate on the wall.: )

    You're jamming a square peg into a NOT round hole. Even the paint on the wall doesn't make the most of it.

    Be as boho as you like, but this is just not a wall begging for attention ....

    Hang a "feather" and call it a day





  • last year

    The macrame is an exquisite piece and needs more space around it to truly show at its best.
    Please consider finding a larger space for it and putting it against a contrasting background.
    The feathery topping just muffles the airy nature of the woven piece and would be lovelier situated elsewhere and by itself.
    Look for some artwork in a slightly smaller dimension to fill in the spots next to and above the air vent.
    You can still incorporate climbing men into the spaces between the art.
    I applaud any penchant for artistic decor,and like that you are making some eye catching vignettes.
    Try to keep some airiness,so that each tableau vibes at its utmost level.

  • last year

    The macrame piece is so blah against the wall color you have now. Paint the wall a vibrant boho-inspired color to bring it to life.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner