Software
Houzz Logo Print
miloshouse

Color advice for 12 year old girl who wants black or blood red, yikes!

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
I am re-doing my daughters' bedroom, pic below. Instead of painting both walls the same color, each girl is picking their own color, within reason. They are completely opposite in taste and my younger daughter wants Panama Rose and my older daughter wants blood red or black. I'm looking for a compromise for black or blood red. She did say she might be willing to go with a really dark purple and she hates anything that is "girly". These two walls are the only ones that will be painted, the rest of the room will be white with pops of color like in the headboard area. I want to give her some freedom since she has to share a room for another year or two but I also want a room that is going to look nice while giving them some freedom. Any suggestions for dealing with a very individual tween?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations