Software
Houzz Logo Print
mamcfet

Does the lighting work for the space?

13 years ago
Garage Conversion · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    We added fluorescent overhead lighting.
    Michelle thanked Remodel Boutique
  • 12 years ago
    I also found a great LED bulb from Philips for track lighting - 850 lumens, 5000K. It is a beautiful clean white than renders color well and the ray extends quite far.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    That would definitely work. This particular space was for a jewelry artist and she needed an enormous amount of light- which was given by the windows, lamps, pendents, as well as overhead lighting. We went with the traditional fluorescent because, honestly, we salvaged them from another job and instead of throwing out- we used for her space. Her budget didn't allow for an expansive system so simply hanging from some chain worked for this project. Track lighting and LED would work well also. Sometimes LED does not emit enough light for some, but the one you found seems it will do the trick!
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for your assistance. I definitely see the benefit from strong general lighting and I also like the look of the fluorescent fixtures you used. I may end up with a bit of both. Thank you and best wishes!