Software
Houzz Logo Print
amy_jumbel

desperately need help trying to decide final touches on Siding project

3 months ago

We have selected exterior portfolio, Greystone vertical siding for the front of the and horizontal for the rest

Need to decide whether we do white trim around window, windows, and doors or black trim

We plan to keep our windows which are white

Also debating whitewashing the brick and leaving it on the front porch vs vertical siding to a knee wall with ElDorado “koryak ridge” stone veneer.

Adding bluestone to porch floor

The first picture is our home now. The remaining pictures are some that I’ve mocked on AI, but would love to hear from this community. Any ideas?

Comments (11)

  • 3 months ago

    Here are a couple of the AI photos - let me know what you think?

  • PRO
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

    What is Greystone vertical siding? An image will help others understand.

    Note some of the enhancements AI made. Larger columns and bolder trim around windows and door. Paneling the bay. These things help minimize the large blank wall.

    I see vinyl siding in one of your images. It's really difficult to detail vinyl so it looks good -- it will always look like vinyl siding.



  • PRO
    3 months ago

    No shutters is all I can say without seeing the new siding and I have no clue why vertical at all or gray for that matter. I would not paint the brick either since IMO that will instantly devalue your home . If you must do vertical the all or none

  • 3 months ago

    I’d vote for white trim and no stone - a simpler facade ages more graciously, add drama and interest with landscaping

  • 3 months ago

    Keep it the same on all sides. Dont do vertical in front and horizontal elsewhere

  • 3 months ago

    I do like vertical siding for your home but would vote for no stone. The stone skirting breaks it up too much visually. My vote would be to keep the brick as it is now or white wash it. AI changes the brick and makes it more uniform than what you actually have but with some added decor I think you can steer the eye away from that. You could cover the brick with the vertical siding but I think it’s more interesting with the brick.

  • 3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

    I like what Emily's done for you but I think keeping the brick its current color is better. A light bottom and dark top on a house always looks like it's not grounded to me.

  • 3 months ago

    I like your third photo.

    One more color? This is James Hardie Woodbury Sage. I like it with white windows and an expansive gray roof, like yours.



  • 3 months ago

    Very prettt but we already ordered the Greystone

  • 9 days ago

    Thanks to all for the help. We have progressed to finishing touches. Here is a photo with siding up and stone will start today. Plan to wrap posts with white and put sandstone 18x24 on porch floor. Need inspiration for front door style and color and landscaping redo