Software
Houzz Logo Print
yulia_galanos

Dusk cherry lifeproof

11 days ago

Hello! I feel like I’ve been choosing floors forever! I was advised to go with Lifeproof because of its durability, especially since we may potentially rent the place out in the future.

What do you think about the color I’m currently considering? The plank looks more sophisticated than the other Lifeproof vinyl options I tried, and it’s also light enough for the smaller room. My only hesitation is that I’m normally not a fan of gray. I’d love to hear what you think!


Comments (20)

  • PRO
    11 days ago

    The wood looks great, but where is the Grey?

  • 11 days ago




  • 11 days ago

    Thank you! I’m attaching a few more photos that show the plank looking more gray. Let me know if it still doesn’t look gray to you.

  • PRO
    11 days ago

    Yes it still looks brown/beige.

    Do you mind taking an upclose photo?

  • PRO
    11 days ago

    On the other hand, Regardless of color, this is a beautiful choice and I think it will look lovely.

  • 11 days ago



  • 11 days ago

    This is how it looks on the kitchen with its light

  • 11 days ago

    And this is how it looks in the living room

  • 11 days ago



  • 11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

    Thank you so much. I looked at floor decor and home depot and did not find anything else that that keeps the sophistication and lightness without the obvious gray faux-stripe effect or too dark. if you have a favorite oaky color/brand or stores please share.

  • PRO
    11 days ago

    I am glad I asked for close-up because they are very gray indeed and they did not originally look gray!

    If they were honey oak or a warmer shade they would have looked better. Unfortunately as you have warm yellow-toned railings, I would suggest finding something warmer.

  • 10 days ago

    Thank you so much for all the inputs, really appreciate it.

  • PRO
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

    You go to a few OTHER flooring stores in your area. We don't know what you may have or location. We don't know if you are on a slab, we don't know if you have a basement, we don't know if you are a glue down install or click.float. We don't know anything, but not that floor.

    I would encourage you to look at Engineered Hardwood, any brands you have n your area. It will . have refinish options up the road, IS real wood, simply prefinished or even unfinished.

    What, other than resources, makes you want the LVP? It is a faux wood floor.

    You are replacing a real hardwood with fake? Because you are ripping carpet out that butts to a floor that is worn?

    Nobody can fully advise without more content/info in your post

    Yulia Galanos thanked JAN MOYER
  • 10 days ago

    WOW it's insane the differance lighting revealed!!! In the first picture the only gray I saw was the rug. I guess weathered wood turns a silver gray but your instincts are correct to avoid wood being gray. It never looks natural.

  • 10 days ago

    Thank you so much, everyone! I’m in Arlington, VA, with no basement and a click-float system. I’m leaning toward LVP because I may rent the house out in the future. Engineered hardwood is nicer, but I’m concerned about maintenance.

    We get a lot of light in the living room and use small rugs, so I’m trying to avoid uneven fading and eventually having to refinish the floors. We also have cats, and one isn’t always consistent with the litter box, so durability and water resistance are important to me. lvp is also cheaper at home goods $2.99-3.29 compared to local smaller stores. $5 ish

  • 10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

    not sure if you know about this facebook group - lots of convo on this type of flooring https://www.facebook.com/share/g/1DNWBjN3pQ/

    I would really try to first find a terrific local installer with tons of experience - most of this type of flooring fails bc of bad install (bad installers slap it over uneven subfloors, don’t put down the right under layer, reinstall crappy trim etc)

    once you have a great installer - ask them what they like to install - they will tell you what makes their customers happy and they don’t get called back with complaints

    i’d encourage you not to be at the low end of any flooring, for ex low end engineered hardwood will scratch way more then high quality lvp. Think about laminate - Mohawk Revwood has lots of fans for their Plus and Premier lines - lots of choices out there for sure

    Yulia Galanos thanked la_la Girl
  • PRO
    10 days ago

    Regardless of the material (vinyl, wood, laminate), the color is what I would object to. Pick something with a warmer hue, something that works with the oak you have on the stairs and in the kitchen. What's underneath the carpet? If it's the same strip oak you showed in the kitchen, refinish those floors. Their quality is probably 100 times better than any plastic flooring.

    Yulia Galanos thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • 10 days ago

    Are you having a professional do the install? If so, I would look for a ProSource near you. They are great to work with and tile and flooring is what they specialize in. You can go and shop and look and take home samples but if you find something you want, your contractor has to pick it up. Prices are good and they have a great selection.


    I do agree with Diana though about the hardwoods. If they're under the carpet, having those refinished would be the best option. There are very durable finishes that can be applied to hardwood now that hold up for years.

  • 10 days ago

    Thank you so much! i will call them. its not hardwood underneath, good to know there arw durable finishes though

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus