Software
Houzz Logo Print
caroledg

Need Help with my Jade Plant

yesterday
last modified: yesterday





Hi All,

I need help to determine if I should take the leaves from this jade plant and start over.


I've been growing a cutting from my late mom's jade plant, which she grew from a cutting from my grandma's plant. As you can see, it is very "stalky". Last summer I had it outside and was preparing to make a cut to start new branch growth. It was doing well, but then an animal got at it and ate most of the lower leaves off. I brought it back inside and it has since been growing incredibly slowly. Initially I thought it wasn't going to survive, the leaves got very flat and wrinkled, but it recovered. The two leaves at the top are the only growth in a 12 month period.


Would it be best if I were to take the leaves off and begin new plants from them? Or are there other options for recovering it and coaxing it into a good-looking shape? For reference, the jade in the "cat" planter on the right was started from one of the leaves that the animal bit off but had left on the ground. It is looking very healthy and is intended for my daughter.


The plant holds a lot of sentimental value and I would like to keep it going.


Thank you!

Carole

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz