Software
Houzz Logo Print
eld61

Donating unused medication

1 hour ago

Has anyone done this? I know there are places when I googled,m but I'd like to hear first hand.

I have 6 boxes of Restasis that I won’t be using.

TIA

Comments (2)

  • 29 minutes ago

    I don't think it's generally permitted to give prescription medications to others. Maybe there are exceptions.

    I'm pretty sure responsible entities would not accept them, to avoid the risk of such things having been tampered with or adulterated in some way. .



  • 6 minutes ago

    Your comment about Googling it sparked my interest - I had no idea the US had programs to safely do it, which I think is a great idea. I wish there were an equivalent program here.

    " The laws enable drug companies, health care providers and individuals to donate sealed, unused drugs in their original packaging. The medicine is inspected by a licensed pharmacist, who checks the expiration date, looks for signs of tampering and confirms the drug is what its label says it is. "