Software
Houzz Logo Print
pkjones

Trees

13 years ago
Are the gorgeous trees with the red flowers Azaelas?
Mediterranean Style Home and Gardens · More Info

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    No, they are crepe myrtles. David
  • 13 years ago
    They are beautiful! The entire landscaping is stunning.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thank you very very much!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    There is actually a steel edging which serves as the border though it is nearly impossible to see it with all the plantings and the grass. Thank-you for the kind feedback. D
  • 12 years ago
    I love crepe myrtles they are the most beautiful ornamental trees as you display here.
    is the lawn seed or sod?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Zoysia grass from sod.
  • 12 years ago
    I just love the way you have used the crepe myrtles. I have 3in my garden and love to watch them get new leaves in summer and then flower and then lose it all in winter. I live in Perth Aust and it gets very hot in summer but they do so well. The whole garden you have created is just wonderful. I admire your talent.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank-you. I am a big fan of the Ozzie Open so all my attention this time of year is focusing on your wonderful country. Crepe Myrtles are great in hot places like Houston.
  • 12 years ago
    I'm new to landscaping, would these trees be able to handle cold winters in the Mountain West? I really like the way they look but I know they're a few different kinds of trees that don't survive the winter. The yard looks really good by the way.

    Luke | http://www.clearviewlawnandlandscape.ca/en/services.html
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Are you referring to the Crepe Myrtle trees (red flowers)? No, they would not be good in your area.
  • 12 years ago
    I know there is a variety of crepe Myrtles that can grow in a hardy zone of 6 but not the original Crepes. The one variety is called red rockets and not as pretty.
Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor