Software
Houzz Logo Print
tina_sarvi3

please help me with my kitchen

yesterday

We moved into ourqhouse a few months ago and we hate the look of our upper cabinets and the location of the fridge. We are working with an interior designer and these two renderings are what we like the most. I know two tone cabinets are not everyone’s cup of tea but we really don’t want to redo the entire cabinets. We are replacing backsplash and open to replacing countertops ( except island).
Last photo is a picture of my current upper cabinets. I would love to see which rendering you like better and if you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Comments (16)

  • yesterday

    Where is the refrigerator going?

  • yesterday

    How about pics of you current kitchen as is right now? Stop with the renderings as they all show changing items you state you do not want to change. You need to make changes / adjustments on YOUR CURRENT pic and change ONLY what you want too change as the changes need to go with what is not getting changed.

  • yesterday

    This is current kitchen. Panel ready fridge will be moved to the area with the two fridges on the bottom.

  • PRO
    yesterday

    I think the cabinets are okay. What I don't like is the three windows above them. Either replace with one window that matches the one over the sink or remove and repair the wall. The renderings are over done, IMO.

  • yesterday

    Judy removing windows isn’t an option as I love light in my kitchen and ding want to mess with that.

  • PRO
    yesterday

    Replacing with one transom to match the other that is over the sink.

  • PRO
    yesterday

    You should have posted the original kitchen photo first, a completely different perspective.

  • yesterday

    Moving the fridge to the bar area puts them so far out of the work zone.

    id hate to cook in that space


  • yesterday

    I would think long and hard about having the refrigerator so far away.

  • yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

    agree with above ^^^ too far away. Not a pro, but if it were me I would only replace the glass doors on those upper cabinets and be done with it.

  • yesterday

    Are you able to open the left door on the current refrigerator where it currently is?

  • yesterday

    What if you design this new section on the left to have 2 refrigerator drawers for your items you’d like to have on hand for everyday and then design a large refrigerator/freezer in the pantry? Also, the upper cabinets in this option seem to compete the least with the 3 transom windows:

  • yesterday

    I am thinking you do not like the square of the upper cabinets as well as the glass. I still do not see why a cabinet maker cannot match the lowers. The two tone is OUT as they say and frankly rarely looks good. Whatever you do don't go gray!! Another trend no longer in favor. As long as you are eliminating open shelving get rid of it all. Third trend in your proposal that didn't stand the test of time. I am all for a slab back splash but the design in the second picture is too overwhelming. I have to join the no to the 'fridge so far away. The appliance in the pictures looks extra wide. Perhaps a sleeker refrigerator is possible then it can be away from the wall a bit. Holy Hanna that's a lot of fixtures over the table!!! All I can think of is the dusting!!!

  • yesterday

    The color of your current kitchen upper cabinets is so much better than any of the ones you first posted. I would remove the glass and have solid doors, and make sure its stained to match the lowers, if you need to make any changes there. I dislike those upper windows too. However if you like them, then its your kitchen. I would dislike having the frig so far from everything. Right now, the upper windows clash with the glass doors, so maybe the upper windows will look a bit better, with the doors replaced to solid.

  • yesterday

    Note that AI placed the built-in coffee machine in your rendering too low to be used comfortably/safely ... unless you want small kids to have access to hot liquids.

  • yesterday

    What don't you like about the current location of the fridge?

    I agree with the others - I would hate having a fridge that far out of the kitchen.

    The thing that first strikes me about your upper cabinets is how high they are. I'm short, and I am not confident I could even reach into them. I would remove the uppers and the shelves in a hot minute. Unfortunately I don't have any great ideas on what color would be appropriate.

    I'm curious - what does that wall look like from the outside? Isn't it weird having the range hood vent sticking out right under the middle window?

    Have you ever used the pot filler?