Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vie_uk

chair makeover

vie_uk
10 years ago
just wanted to share some pics of the desperate looking chair that I found sometime ago next to the trashbin in the backyard. It had a poorly made fake plastic leather upholstery and the legs were wobbling like hell. I know the work could have been done better but doesn't look that bad for a first attempt on reupholstering;)

Comments (22)

• PRO
    colemaher
    10 years ago
    Nice, bold color choice.
  • Connie Jones
    10 years ago
    Fun piece!
  • Angel 18432
    10 years ago
    nice job - what's old is new again.........................
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Great job! It's always rewarding to redesign something that may have been tossed unnecessarily!
  • PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Impressive........
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    10 years ago
    That is really fun!! Love it.
  • cloudpants
    10 years ago
    Super job!
  • yourrosie
    10 years ago
    Well done. Love the colour choice but most of all the time and effort
  • tsudhonimh
    10 years ago
    Pretty!

How hard was it to fix the wobbly legs?
  • vie_uk
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Wobbly legs weren't a big problem, just changed the screws for some larger ones and used plenty of glue so everything stays in place. Here's another picture of the chair that was made before I attached the white piping cord.
  • Eulalia Gaspar
    10 years ago
    Está e mais bonita.Abc.
  • peepod
    10 years ago
    I'm very impressed. You did a great job! Kudos! I just finished upholstering 4 chairs I found on Craigslist, it also had seat and 2sides of the back. Big job, but I'm thrilled with the outcome, I guess, because I did it! You've got some serious talent.
  • Vivian-Will Vangas
    10 years ago
    Beautiful! I love your color choice!
  • vie_uk
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks! Didn't spare any expenses! Chenille for 6.99 off Ebay;)
  • mamadubbs
    10 years ago
    Love it!! I dream of finding something like this and trying my hand at refinishing it. Awesome job!!
  • suzmue
    10 years ago
    Looks great!
  • lynnerae
    10 years ago
    I was really interested in these - they look wonderful. I have just decided to paint my dining room chairs black and am looking for a paint that won't make them so high gloss that they lose their "blackness", What did you use on this?
  • Angel 18432
    10 years ago
    Lynn - she painted the chair white not black.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Linnerae. You can finish black paint with a satin finish. Different paint manufacturers call it satin or eggshell. The next step up from this is a semi-gloss. Take a look at the sheen chart in the paint store. That will help you decide.
  • lynnerae
    10 years ago
    Thanks, that's just the kind of information I was looking for.
  • lynnerae
    10 years ago
    To Angel18432: You're right. I've been thinking about black chairs so much I couldn't stop looking at the "before" picture.