Software
Houzz Logo Print
kelseylynnmaui

What's the best color if any... Just Using Photoshop for an idea..HELP

13 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
FOR MY KITCHEN I THINK THE BEFORE picture which is what it was Before I Painted it the ugly brown right next to it, was sad. I now think both of the bottom two left colors just make me sad.

Comments (25)

  • 13 years ago
    Really hard to see the pics .... what color are your stools? That will make a big difference.
  • 13 years ago
    I don't own any stools, because the counter is incredibly high and this is just a temporary loft.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    None of these work for me particularly but if I had to choose it would be the glass green. I would add wood like your cabinet or an aluminium or stainless steel instead.
  • 12 years ago
    None work for me either, I was trying to put lipstick on a pig. I just hate the bottom left two colors most definitely .... How would you add wood?
  • PRO
    Kels thanked LB Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    I like the top left, but if it's temporary enough to justify not buying barstools, why bother painting it?
  • 12 years ago
    Temporary as in, until February. Only two people live here- and I'd probably need to buy at LEAST 6 stools for such a ridiculously large island. My rent is already 3k a month ..I'm in school I think 6 stools would be well over $1000 However, I do have to look at it everyday so I'd like to paint it.
  • 12 years ago
    And I agree, I like the top left. but is it too dark?
  • 12 years ago
    For me the best is the grey if paint is your only option or the white
    Kels thanked dilrajb
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Kelsey if you want to add wood you can use wood veneer
  • 12 years ago
    What's really throwing things off is the color of the walls.

    I would go with the glass green and paint the walls the same.
    Kels thanked indianpatti
  • 12 years ago
    I think the darker the color the better, what type of flooring do you have?
    Kels thanked Colin Jacobs
  • 12 years ago
    I think most of those colors don't look right because there isn't enough contrast between them and the other walls. The top left provides a lot of contrast with the other walls so it stands out and makes more of a statement. I don't think it's too dark with all the light in your loft.
    Kels thanked andj32
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    If painting, I think a lighter or darker color than the wall color, (can't see wall color) but.. light enough in color in relationship to the dark flooring. I would paint a color that is not too close to the saturation of floor color. I would want to see enough of a contrast with the floor. I think I like the saturation of color and the feeling of the gray one at the left bottom of the pics. If the contrast is too much, it becomes too focal. (white or real light color is too focal)
    Kels thanked LB Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    I like the top left too.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The only one I like is the white. How about matching the cabinets and pulling out one of the colours from the painting like burnt orange? Or a bold wallpaper with some orange from the painting.
  • 12 years ago
    WOW I went to send in my essay to my professor and came back to SO MANY suggestions, Thank you all!
    LB Interiors, I would add panels but it's too much $ I looked at the site( I love them all ), and I don't have tools etc etc.
    Jacob, Good question, I wish I knew what type of floors I had also so I could clean them correctly ( the office says bamboo but I'm not convinced)
    and As for Orange, I just can't I live in the city and it's really modern, Orange is exhausted. I think I will Prime it with white and see if I like the light shade, if I don't I will go with the top left.
  • 12 years ago
    LB yes, It will be the focal if it's plain white and I want that Huge island to somehow disappear lol but it's not working. I will try light grey and then dark grey ( with blue undertones)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would use a midtone color :) That a lots of painting :)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Not sure if you like these. May work with the floor and the cabinets. I don't like to suggest color from computer to actual. They can be so different in actuality.
    amaretto CSP-325 · More Info

    Benjamin Moore Ben Paint, Davenport Tan HC-76 · More Info
    cattail CSP-295 · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    This is a super light green I started today.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Whatever color you choose, I think the same or lights and darks of that color palette needs to be repeated in the room to make everything connect. Used again in accessories or art, or furniture.
    Kels thanked LB Interiors
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    A high gloss finish in whatever color you decide, may fit the design aesthetics best.
    Kels thanked LB Interiors
Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH