Software
Houzz Logo Print
phil2011

14 years ago
I am looking for reviews of a company named 27estore and its kitchen cabinets. Has anyone used them? were you satisfied?

Comments (56)

  • 11 years ago

    I second the motion... all in favor say Phil;)

  • 11 years ago

    Phil??? :D

  • 11 years ago

    Haha Mark! I second (third?) your motion for Phil :)

    Or maybe, just maybe, we should get Mark to convince one of his clients to use them? :p

  • 11 years ago

    I'm going to order from them this week. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    @ Sandi,


    Did you place your order? I'm among others who stumbled upon 27estore and can't find any info on them.

  • 11 years ago

    ...anyone order from them yet? Feedback?

  • 10 years ago

    Are there any reviews on this group? I like their products in their website.

  • 10 years ago

    Also looking for a review before placing an order. Anyone? Sandi?

  • 10 years ago

    I'm happy to hear of a positive review. I am close to redoing my kitchen and really want to use them. I got samples and the quality looks great. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

  • 10 years ago

    I would LOVE to hear what you think. We are getting ready to do a huge remodel and need cabinets for the new kitchen, 2 baths and a possible wardrobe. Dying to hear some feedback.


  • 10 years ago
    I am also looking at the cabinets from 27estore. Any further reviews or feedback on quality of finish & construction is appreciated.
  • 10 years ago

    I just stumbled upon 27estore while looking for cabinets to customize a floating media center and went searching for reviews. I wonder why so few? Sandi's vanity does look amazing though!

  • 9 years ago

    I ordered two cabinet doors to test last year and they worked out fine. Now I am going to do whole kitchen. They are responsive but their ordering system is a bit klugey.

  • 9 years ago

    I redid a medium sized kitchen with 27estore which required quite a bit of customization. I highly recommend working with them on kitchen / bathroom cabinetry. Very easy to work with, fast communication and shipping. I had a few small issues and Paul got back to me very quickly and sent replacement parts as needed. I will be working with them in the future for sure.

  • 9 years ago

    But...their site says their cabinets are made of "melamine pressboard"....sounds awful and I wonder about strength and longevity. Shelve made of the same material, also...and I know those won't hold up to weight. I wish there were more reviews somewhere!

  • 9 years ago

    I have ordered from 27estore twice in the past 3 years. I first ordered a bunch of high gloss doors and drawer fronts that I needed for a kitchen remodel, and then a couple years later, all of the cabinets for a very cool closet with glass front Legrabox drawers. The quality of everything was excellent, no flaws, returns or re-dos necessary. Everything was wrapped perfectly to survive shipping without any possibility of mishap. The kitchen doors were delivered by regular home delivery like UPS or Fedex Ground. My biggest complaint is that they did not warn that the closet delivery was going to be a curbside delivery in a crate. Thankfully my contractor was working nearby for a neighbor & I was able to get his guys to help open the crate, bring everything inside (many, many small and medium sized Blum boxes plus the wrapped cabinet sides) and break down the empty crate. I still don't know exactly who they are, and had assumed the lacquered stuff was Chinese sourced given the Ali Baba Way address. But after the closet delivery, I realize their things are mostly European sourced. Some small items were accidentally left out of my huge delivery. In trying to get the missing connectors expedited to me, the fact that we were trying to do this in August made it very difficult. The factory in Europe was completely closed for a few weeks, and I believe it was 3 weeks before my missing bits arrived. (In truth, nothing arrived with a European return address, it looked like things went first to Vegas, then to me here in NY.)

  • 9 years ago

    Hi guys,


    I visited the physical location of 27estore (in Las Vegas, NV) twice, first to check out their samples (and store, to make sure they were real :) ) and second time with my designer to finalize the order for my kitchen cabinets.


    I found Paul who works at the office and handles all the orders/communications to be knowledgeable and friendly. They have a massive variety of product available so when mine arrives I will only be able to review what I order/receive, but I'd encourage others to post their detailed reviews (and I'll probably encourage Paul to create a page for his business here to make it easier to find such reviews!)

    Here are some pictures I took in their showroom of some sample things. Once the remodel is finished I'll post the actual finished pics but that won't be for a few months.


    They have limited size "showroom" but it's was a pretty opportunity to see different types of drawers, pullouts, cabinet door finishes, etc.


    Also because ours was a custom order (we needed many things that weren't standard cabinets) we just sent Paul the floor plan and elevation drawings and he handled creating the order and verifying it with us, so I didn't go through the online ordering form.

    Asya

  • 9 years ago

    I just realized they do have a pro page: https://www.houzz.com/pro/27estore/27estorecom so I'm going to post my review there when the project is done.


    I would encourage those of you who have finished their projects with 27estore to post their reviews there - it would have saved me some searching when I was trying to find reviews of anyone who has worked with them...

  • 8 years ago

    asya999, would you post some pictures of how your remodel turned out with the cabinets from 27estore?

  • 8 years ago

    I plan to - my cabinet boxes just shipped a few days ago right on schedule, and are due in a few days. The doors/drawers/rest of order should ship a couple of weeks later (also planned). I should have some interim pictures in a few weeks and final pictures before Thanksgiving.

  • 8 years ago

    asya999 we are going to drive to Vegas so that we can see both the cabinets and the doors.

  • 8 years ago

    My kitchen will be finished in about a week but as a quick summary I can say that the cabinets were exactly as expected, they were packaged very well, shipped right on schedule, everything arrived safely. Very happy with the experience of working with 27estore - they were very easy to reach by email or phone and very responsive.

    Would be happy to work with them again next time I need cabinets or doors or panels.

  • 8 years ago

    Asya is your kitchen finished yet? Would love to see what the cabinets look like.

  • 8 years ago

    Ah, yes, just finished last week, still unpacking stuff but here are some pictures:.



  • 8 years ago

    Gorgeous!


  • 8 years ago

    I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if anyone has seen / touched these could compare them to Ikea. Are they better quality?

  • 8 years ago

    They are definitely better quality than IKEA, in my subjective opinion.

    Certainly the Blum hardware that it's all put together with is way better.

    The actual cabinets are probably a step up, the selection of door finishes was way beyond what's available with IKEA.


  • 7 years ago

    Adding to this conversation as I've been to their showroom - twice! We are nearly finished with our design and excited to see our new kitchen and interior doors.

  • 7 years ago

    Btw, there are some new reviews from happy customers,

    https://www.houzz.com/browseReviews/27estore/27estorecom

  • 5 years ago

    I, too, wanted to order doors and drawer fronts from 27estore but could not because they require the buyer to send them the exact measurements if you want them to do the borings for IKEA boxes. IKEA won't give you that information and I couldn't find a source online which seemed totally confident the measurements they had were exact. So I wasted a lot of time. and am now starting all over again. I must say, I don't like their attitude because I'm sure I'm not the first to want to order doors etc for IKEA products. They know the measurements from past customers. They're just being difficult..

  • 5 years ago

    I'm not sure why you would assume they have these measurements - IKEA has had multiple different types of cabinets over the years and it's a pretty big risk for 27estore to assume that your cabinets have the same measurements as someone else's cabinets (especially since someone else may have measured incorrectly and just fixed things on-site).


    Is there a reason you didn't want to send them your measurements to ensure you get the right fit? You can go to IKEA showroom and literally measure the cabinets yourself if you don't already have them at your house.

  • 5 years ago

    They are SEKTION cabinets that a IKEA has been selling in the United States for some years. And I did go twice to IKEA but I'm not a carpenter and ended up not taking the measurement they needed. Thanks for your help.

  • 5 years ago

    Charles, wondering why you didn’t want the IKEA boxes? I tried to put an order in for an IKEA kitchen today, but they are out of stock of the Sektion frames (boxes, I guess), and they can’t say when they’ll be in. I need them soon to be on schedule—mine and the GC’s—and I came across 27estore in my search. I‘m a bit nervous about what they’ll look like. IKEA has great style. From what I’m reading on this thread, sounds like 27estore has better construction, though.

  • 5 years ago

    tirnahnogs, what is your timeline? Products from 27estore take weeks, if not months, for delivery. Plus, they have only a one-year warranty.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks, Sylvia. Thanks a good reminder about the one-year warranty. Have you purchased from them?

  • 5 years ago

    I had 27estore do a bunch of red gloss cabinet doors for my kitchen remodel about 5 years ago. (Their Ruby Red was a match for the old Ikea high gloss red (Akurum and Besta) which worked great with our art and rugs.) I always use Ikea boxes if at all possible, though I generally order custom doors & drawer-front widths that are 1/16 inch larger than Ikea’s because I like tighter spacing. I also had a custom 48” wide, 96” tall armoire fabricated for our bedroom by our contractor and ordered doors and drawer fronts for it from 27estore in the same Ikea red, but matte finish. All came out great – see photos, kitchen is 5 years old and still looks perfect. Shortly after the kitchen was done, I planned an upgrade for our closets, and called 27e to see whether they do any of the Blum glass-front interior drawers, either Tandembox or Legrabox. I think they said they had both, so I chose Legrabox because it was newer and a bit sleeker. This time I had 27e fabricate the cabinet boxes and panels in a matching grey because the cabinets were custom sizes, and unlike in a kitchen, they were visible. For some parts were I chose lacquer and other parts melamine. Again, a huge success, we’ve been very happy with the results. Photos attached.





  • 5 years ago

    nycfam—Wow. Thanks for your time and photos. That armoire is great! Can you tell me why you prefer the IKEA boxes? They are out of stock at IKEA, by the way, with no estimated re-stock date.

    I ordered some matte samples from 27e. They seem very light, and I wondered how they hold up. Do you remember how long your order took for you to receive once you put it in?

    Thanks for your input. I feel under the gun now to find an alternative to IKEA so I can keep to my construction schedule.

  • 5 years ago

    I think it took at least 2 months. Because of their "Ali Baba Way" Nevada address I assumed things were being sourced out of China, but actually I think it's from Europe. When my contractor had time to install my closet, for instance, it was August. Only then, maybe 2 months after I had received the enormous shipment of parts, did I realized I was missing the dowels and cam lock connectors. I contacted the guys in Nevada, but there was no way they could expedite the parts to me quicker than 2 weeks because the factory in Europe was shut down and closed for the entire month, as they do over there.

    It's funny, I think I vaguely remembered news reports about the pandemic renovation boom. A few days ago, I learned first hand how empty Ikea's inventory is. I had a small project that needed a few of their 20" high, 30" wide over-fridge cabinets -- and they seem to be out of stock literally across the country!

  • 5 years ago

    I had a very bad experience with e27. Eventhough they say they make doors for IKEA SEKTION boxes, they refuse to drill the holes for the hinges, which my general contractor also refused to do because if the hole is even slightly off, you can ruin the whole door. I'm still looking for a company that will make the cabinet doors I need, two of which have to be slightly modified because the contractor had to make one of hte IKEA cabinets a bit less wide to fit the space.

  • 5 years ago

    Charles—Are you familiar with Reform cabinets? They make doors for ikea frames, beautiful, but they are pricier. https://www.reformcph.com/us/showrooms/new-york/

  • 5 years ago

    27e drilled my hinge bores perfectly, including some custom spacing on the tall doors. I specified for the bottom hinge to be a few inches higher than normal because I wanted interior pull-out drawers on the bottoms of the cabinets and hinges are usually in the way. I don't remember how I got the specs, either I used an Ikea door template from an old job, or I went to the Blum hinge site to get their bore spacing specs. I am ok with getting into the weeds of the hardware specs, I didn't expect them to know what spacing/dimensions. Though I think Blum hinges are often a "standard" for frameless cabinetry, and 27e did provide me with a drawing of the size and position they "normally" used, I think.

    Perhaps you expected them to guarantee that their boring would work for your cabinets? I was nervous, but I figured my contractor could fix my mistakes if necessary (though at a cost . . . )

  • 5 years ago

    Nycfam—good info. Please tell me why you prefer using IKEA boxes. And, of course, they have all door panels in stock, just not the boxes! Thanks.

  • 5 years ago

    For missing cabinet sizes, and custom cabinet sizes, consider finding a laminate carpentry shop in your area, the kind of commercial vendor that makes basic stuff like displays, reception and checkout counters, manicure stations, etc. for various businesses. The one I use has standard cost choices of white, black and light woodgrain laminate over particle board, finished thickness is 3/4". For an upcharge, you can get stuff covered in a huge range of other laminate finishes. They are usually located in small industrial parks. If you can't find them in the (virtual?) yellow pages, ask some of the small retail stores in your town where they source their displays and fixtures.

  • 5 years ago

    I choose Ikea boxes because they are inexpensive and identical to the boxes you would normally get from any Euro-style frameless kitchen designer. For my first first full kitchen remodel 25 years ago, we used Downsview, they were new in NY and gave me a very good price. At first I was willing to economize by using their standard melamine interior because there were dozens of other upgrades that mattered more to me. After I used that kitchen for a while, we were a busy family with 3 young children and always lots of visitors, I loved the simplicity of the melamine interiors. Wipe clean with any spray product thats handy and no worries about putting dishes away while still damp from the dishwasher. I can’t think of a good reason to use genuine wood boxes.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks, nycfam. This past week I decided to go with the IKEA cabinets, and play the calling-in game twice a week to order the frames as the stock filters in. All the other cabinets I priced were a 12-week-minimum wait, and, after talking with the IKEA studio planners, it seemed my chances were pretty good for getting all my frames in before that. We’ll see how it goes. Best.

  • 5 years ago

    These are crazy times! Normalcy should begin to emerge in the coming months, even at Ikea. Best of luck!!

  • 5 years ago

    Charles Krause—check out Cabinet Now. They have an IKEA program and they know the typical IKEA cabinet door/drawer sizes and hinge positions

  • 5 years ago

    I meant to say that Cabinet Now makes cabinet doors in custom sizes as well as IKEA standard sizes and bore the hinge holes for IKEA cabinet doors, so they should be able to make you either to fit your ikea boxes. I saw this article that may help you:



    https://handycrowd.com/ikea-sektion-ultrusta-cabinet-hinge-template/

  • 4 years ago

    anyone have experience with 27store european Oak interior doors??