Software
Houzz Logo Print
lovetabemom

Wall color help. Sorry my toddler posted last one

12 years ago
Sorry toddler posted last one. Need help picking wall color and ceiling. Neutral or color to match floors? Suggestions?

Comments (44)

  • 12 years ago
    The floor is your choice?
  • 12 years ago
    Yes and I know different - you either love it or hate it! It is my kids bathroom so I wanted something bit fun!
  • 12 years ago
    Is that tile? Just a light pastel wall colour and then fun colourful accessories
    Erin Gale thanked Cat Rowe
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Keeping it fun, I would paint walls and ceiling the same color. A light to midtone blue to cool the room down a bit. Add the warm stronger colors found in the carpet for accessories.
    Erin Gale thanked LB Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    It looks like the walls are tile? I think neutral with wall art and accessories (shower curtain) to bring out color in floor.
    Erin Gale thanked greta1
  • 12 years ago
    Bring the floor down a bitt, but bring it in with all the colors, this looks like one of the few times I would go with wallpaper. Look to an Asian side.
    Erin Gale thanked patty526
  • 12 years ago
    The walls are tile. The counter is quartz - has tiny speckles same color as tile. The floor is marmoleum.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Add a fun shower curtain that you can change as the kids get older. The bathroom looks a wee bit dark, I would upgrade the light fixture and bulbs, paint the room a cool white and use blue accessories/ towels etc...to match the blue in this fun Dr. Seuss shower curtain! Or go full on color crazy like the last photo! LOL.... I love the floor.
  • 12 years ago
    I give you credit for your design bravery.
    Erin Gale thanked giaksch
  • 12 years ago
    The mirror is not in yet and the light fixture to go on mirror wall not in yet either. I just have 4 pot lights going in the bathroom now. Also it was night time when taken. It is quite a bit brighter in day and esp once I get light in.
  • 12 years ago
    I am not a fan of blue at all so that color is out for me. I either paint the walls and ceiling cream beige color to match tile with bright towels or a bright color like red pink cherry color and put neutral towels. Really not much wall showing - it is really only the ceiling and the wall behind door and half hidden since door always open.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    You can go bold as Renee said . Red. Not much wall surface. Have fun Erin : )
    Erin Gale thanked LB Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    How about Ben Moore Palladian Blue? I have used it, although in a much more serene space, but it is a beautiful color and quite chameleon-like. I'm sure you can find this color somewhere in your linoleum!
  • 12 years ago
    And I know you said you don't like blue, but it's more of a light turquoise!
    Erin Gale thanked karemore55
  • 12 years ago
    Erin, a Navajo on the walls, then cherry & pink towels would be darling!
    Erin Gale thanked Cat Rowe
  • 12 years ago
    Just wanted to say that I love your flooring choice! How fun for your children. :))
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks I am a huge fan of marmoleum. I have it my house in a few places.
  • 12 years ago
    I actually do have that kinda blue color in my bedroom and bathroom. Love it!
  • 12 years ago
    Re color my kids have color in their rooms. My house is pretty neutral but their rooms are fun!
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for sharing pics. The marmoleum is really cool. I have heard about it and have seen a couple of shows on HGTV that have used it. That wallpaper is super cute, love the fuchsia and lime green colors in it. Very nice decorating. I am sure you will get some great suggestion for the children's wall color,etc. :))
  • 12 years ago
    Erin, Great space - you did a wonderful job throughout your whole home! Congratulations! So, one color that hasn't been brought up is a happy, sunny yellow. I bet the kids would love it. And you can always change it when they get older. Ben Moore Hawthorne Yellow in pic one, or Citrine in pic two? Or thereabouts.
  • 12 years ago
    Pale blue. White ceiling.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I have looked at the photos a little better. I would go with a paint colour close to that of the tile in the shower. This will unify and make the room appear larger and not chopped up. Then add a mirror with wood trim close to the colour of the cabinet. Add little crystal knobs on the cabinet for sparkle. Chrome lighting and faucet. You may want to add a chrome train rack above the toilet for an extra stack of towels. If you have cute art work from the kids that have some of the colours of your flooring, have a couple small pieces framed in white. Your children will love this bath! So cute!
  • 12 years ago
    Sorry, just read u don't want blue. Have fun,
  • 12 years ago
    I love that you're not afraid of color throughout your house. It makes that much more sense for you to bust loose with the color again in the bathroom. You've got a pretty neutral palette going between the white vanity and neutral colored tiles throughout most of the room. I'd have that fabulous floor be your suggestion point for color, then really make the statement in the little bit of paintable wall and the shower curtain. Find a fab curtain in some sort of a red tone maybe, then carry it over to the paintable wall too. Use accessories like a toothbrush holder, clock, or even a tissue box to pull the color onto the countertop to balance the room. You can change the curtain and accessories to something more mature as the kids get older (but who wants mature now?? HAVE FUN!!)
  • 12 years ago
    I have a full mirror going in above vanity right from wall to tile. And 10 mm glass going in on shower. Similar to master bathroom glass.
  • 12 years ago
    What about this wall color?
  • 12 years ago
    Nice color for walls. :))
  • 12 years ago
    Erin, that's a great color too. And I love the orange towels lol! You almost can't go wrong - there are so many different colors in that marmoleum!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    The pic of the wall color looks like it has green undertones? or is maybe too gray? I would choose a color that has a hint of blue undertones.
  • 12 years ago
    Yes I think you are right thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    Pick one color out of the floor like the Peach and paint your accent wall that color and put a nice picture on that wall and get some mint green bowls or vest and all the colors come together and will look nice. Good luck
  • 12 years ago
    Color I went with. Called inuvik ice. I do like it a lot!
  • 12 years ago
    Very nice, Erin! Who makes that color?
    Erin Gale thanked karemore55
  • 12 years ago
    I LOVE THAT FLOOR!!!!!!
  • 12 years ago
    You have a beautiful home Well done. I love all of yr choices
  • 12 years ago
    Erin, great choice for paint color. I like it and it looks very nice with the floors. :)
  • 12 years ago
    C2color WALLS ALIVE Inuvik Ice C2-232 P
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great choices, Erin! I love marmoleum - trying to find a job to use it on. I think your paint choice is perfect: it plays up the floor and the wall tile and vanity but is a quieter color than red would have been.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love it! I'm happy you chose a bluish color. It's so refreshing : )
  • 12 years ago
    Finally about done. Just need to add electrical switch covers and inside door frame!
  • 12 years ago
    Erin, your bathroom turned out just perfect! If I was a kid, I would be showing that off to my friends! Wonderful job!
  • 12 years ago
    Great job, Erin. The bathroom turned out quite nicely. I like the towel bar on the glass, nice touch. And the light fixture is nice, too. Just love that flooring!