Software
Houzz Logo Print
danielvmorin

Why so many washer and dryers?

I've noticed in a few laundry room photos that there are multiple washer and dryers. Am I missing something? Do these machines do something else?
Locust Hills Drive Residence · More Info

Comments (7)

  • 12 years ago
    I was thinking the same thing. Its all about time. If you have a large family 2 sets speeds up the process. I read comments by women with 6 or 7 kids doing 8-10 loads a day! I would consider 2 washers 1 dryer because of the long washer cycle times for my needs. I can dry 2:1. The sanitize cycles are horrendously long. the lighter stuff of course takes less time.
  • 12 years ago
    LOVE my 2 washers and dryers too!
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Thank you for all the input houzzers! We don't have any information on the washers and dryers for this house, but we agree that it definitely makes sense for a larger family and house guests!

    Best,

    Martha O'Hara Interiors

  • 10 years ago

    Big families


  • 9 years ago

    When you're washing clothes, bedding, diapers, etc. for 8 (soon to be 9) people, laundry can quickly take over your life. Two washers definitely help speed up the process and make so that I can have a few days of the week that are laundry free.

    I don't think that people (city-dwellers especially, with office jobs) who are used to doing laundry for only a couple people can fully grasp the veritable mountains of laundry that a large, country-dwelling family can produce.

  • 9 years ago

    We're a family of 8 and I'm considering buying two sets of stack-able washers and dryers like this. I'm concerned about any excessive vibration and shaking that may occur with them, especially for what is on the other side of the wall. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals