Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

How many Accent Pillows do you have on your bed?

Jeannie Nguyen
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Are you one of those people who loves to have a ton of accent pillows on your bed? Or do you like to have just enough to sleep with?

Place your vote and let me know how many pillows you currently have on your bed! I'll let you know my magical number a bit later. :)

Comments (41)

• Jake Petersen
    10 years ago
    I keep it simple, a few grey, with a burlap one. :)
  • sunnydrew
    10 years ago
    The second photo must be from a home furnishings store where the bed is actually a showcase display. No one could really deal with all those pillows everyday...on and off! It is too much even for display.
  • ladytulip
    10 years ago
    I love decorative pillows. I have eight on our spare bedroom, six on both our granddaughters beds and five on our bed. To me it's worth the extra time to make the beds. Great looking when they're all made, everyday.
  • PRO
    MAS Architecture
    10 years ago
    My wife and I each have 2 functional pillows and an extra covered to match the comforter... so 6 total, and there might have been a square deco pillow that disappeared now that I think about it!
  • hazeldazel
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    zero accent pillows. waste of space and contributes to clutter. what's the point?
  • mntmom123
    10 years ago
    I have seven on both the master and guest beds. Four standards, three decorative.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I have three Euros, 2 standard, three decorative. I also have two for sleeping. Don't judge me. I put them on the bench at night and put them back in the morning takes less than a minute.
  • eightpondfarm
    10 years ago
    i use 5 on my side of the bed. she uses two.
  • ybrookt
    10 years ago
    I have 11 total which includes the 4 standard pillows when I sleep. I agree with ladytulip, the bed looks inviting when I get home.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    Three euros, 2 standard size, one 14 x 39 for a total of six decorative pillows, plus a bed runner at the foot of the bed, but I'm the one who makes the bed every morning so no complaints from my darling husband.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I never fully make up my bed anymore unless people are coming over- why bother. So my 2 shams and 4 decorative pillows live in the closet awaiting company;)
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    Two euros, 2 standard and 4 decorative in various sizes. Yes, I still "karate chop" two of them. :)
  • unwantedadvice
    10 years ago
    Two sleep pillows, flat, two solid standard shams, flat on top of first two, then print standard sham, propped up in the middle against the four. Easy, peasy for making bed!
  • rosecafe
    10 years ago
    O.M.G. Such extravagant excess. Makes me feel like a homeless person....just my holey ol sleepin bag and a brown paper bag with a bottle o cheap wine. : (
  • wuff
    10 years ago
    Me same as the first photo, it means the bed is easier to make and gets done (nearly) everyday
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    Darzy, I'm relieved to hear that you take out your frustrations with karate chops to your pillows and not your husband.
  • Sigrid
    10 years ago
    Two pillows on my bed. One for me, one for him. I find hotel rooms with a gazillion pillows annoying. I don't like to throw them on the floor, but where else do you put them?
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I currently have 6 pillows on my full size bed, alllll for me! I know it's a bit excessive, but I like to barricade myself in them every night. So comfy! :)
  • Jackie Mcheffey
    10 years ago
    I love the look of tons of pillows, but I am far too lazy. I have four pillows. Two that I sleep on and two that matchthe bedspread.
  • rosecafe
    10 years ago
    Jeannie, 'barricade' yourself in ? Perhaps you should check out a safer 'hood. Lol.
  • m3459
    10 years ago
    Three euro pillows....
  • PRO
    Mise en Place Design
    10 years ago
    A few simple ones or pops of color is best. Taking over the whole bed with pillows is a bit overkill and distracts from the bed as a feature.
  • bluecord55
    10 years ago
    7 pillows to sleep on, along with 2 Euros 2 king Shams and 3 decoratives. Pillow mania on my bed. :)
  • Snigdha Parida
    10 years ago
    3 for each person on the bed. So that makes total of 6 for me and my husband!
  • laurelhane
    10 years ago
    6 bed pillows (4 for sleeping, 2 in shams) 2 Euros, 3 accent for a total of 11. A lot, yes, but they look lovely!!
  • Mark
    10 years ago
    Seven. 2 custom made extra large pillows, 2 euro shams, 2 regular pillow cases and one accent pillow.
    PIC_7799.JPG · More Info
  • curraghgirl
    10 years ago
    3 ;)
  • yoboseiyo
    10 years ago
    lessee, i have 4 to sleep on, because i make nests with them when i sleep too.
    then i have 5 miscellaneous accent pillows that get tossed on when the bed actually gets made.
    they tend to live on the floor at the foot of my bed though, since i'm a self-admitted slob.
  • KD
    10 years ago
    5-6 now that I think about it. Three for sleeping (I use two myself) plus a king-size I use as a body pillow and a couple of additional smaller decorative pillows that sometimes make it on the bed and sometimes not. :) I wasn't thinking that I have a lot, but apparently I do.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10 years ago
    This is a chance to make a statement - go for it.
  • sorellarium13
    10 years ago
    None ! I HATE them ! I love simplicity !
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    4 to sleep on because I'm a nester too, plus two Euros, two shams and two accent pillows. Too many pillows but I like it that way.
  • Momof5x
    9 years ago
    I don't like a lot of pillows but our bed needs at least four, plus I add some smaller cushion type pillows.
  • brokenfruit
    9 years ago
    Not trying to make fun of anyone or anything. I once saw in a movie some girl putting a bunch of decorative pillows on the floor before she went to bed and I thought that was funny. But seeing the comments, that's definitely not something uncommon. It's just interesting to me. I have three standards all to myself. Solely for comfort purposes.
  • PRO
    For Space Sake
    9 years ago
    Combinations of odd numbers look best, design-wise. Try a mixture of 3 accent pillows to catch the eye without being overwhelming!
  • DHM 001
    9 years ago
    What is this utter nonsense with cushions on beds? Have we all lost our sense of priorities? Pillows are for beds. Cushions are dust traps, and helpful for sofas and chairs for comfort. It sounds like too many people are trying to live in show homes!!
  • msubreeze
    9 years ago
    I confess I love the multitude of pillow look, but where would you put them at night? I have two king pillows, three std pillows in cases and also three euro size in deco I take off at night, one square 16" in front. 9! Yikes. Does anyone else feel they are not good at making a bed look fabulous?
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9 years ago
    I own a ton of pillows that correlate with my bedding. However I never use them. They become to much of a hassle to clean, arrange and store.
    -Angeline, GKB
  • Monique Barrow
    9 years ago
    I'm from Europe but what are Euro pillows?
    I have no accent pillows, just two to sleep on. What to do with all the other pillows when you go to bed? But I have to admit I love the look.
  • PRO
    Atlas Custom Cabinets Ltd
    9 years ago
    I only have functional pillows; too much effort putting accent pillows on and off the bed. I do love accent pillows on the sofa though!