Software
Houzz Logo Print
gweller

What brand of tub is this?

12 years ago
Abby Reno · More Info

Comments (8)

  • 12 years ago
    Thanks. I'm intrigued…we're looking at doing something similar in the new home we're building, but doesn't it mean opening both the tub and the shower doors before taking a shower? I wonder if that is a little awkward in functionality.
  • 12 years ago
    I wonder about those tubs. I always thought that it would be pretty inconvenient to sit there in the gradually cooling water while the level of it dropped far enough to open the door of the tub.
  • 12 years ago
    We have a large corner tub now and it's kind of the same thing….but I just wrap a towel around me while I'm waiting for it to drain ….that's so I can swish the soapy water down the drain instead of letting it sit on the bottom of the tub. So that part doesn't worry me too much, but we're trying to decide if it can function as a shower too…or do we need the tub AND a shower.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It does mean opening both the tub and glass doors to get in but the client uses it predominantly for showering and wanted to have the option of an accessible tub as well. We did not have enough space in the existing bathroom to add both a tub and shower but if I had the choice I would add both. Depending on the size of the tub, the elbow room can be quite limited with the glass surround.
  • 12 years ago
    I wish I would have put in a walk in shower tub for my mother, they are brilliant you see them all the time in UK.
  • 10 years ago
    we just moved into an inventory home, we only have a large walk in shower. My husband and I are elderly and we're open to a reno with a walk in tub/ shower.
  • 10 years ago
    Some of the walk in tubs have an option to add a pump to the drain so it drains faster. I do advise finding one to try out even just to sit in dry, though. There were a couple at a home show recently and I generally found them rather claustrophobic feeling as they are so deep.

    There are various bath seat and lift options also - my personal preference is for one of those and a normal tub, in terms of functionality.