Software
Houzz Logo Print
min_chieh_ho

See-thru cabinets

12 years ago
May I have the info of where or how to get the cabinets that can be placed in front of the window and is transparent on both sides? Thank you so much!
Kitchen with a View · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    These were custom designed for this kitchen by our firm and were sized to work with the new windows we installed.. A good kitchen designer, cabinetmaker or architect can make something like this for you.
    Min_Chieh Ho thanked Stuart Cohen & Julie Hacker Architects LLC
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I'm about to build similar cabinets. I was concerned about heat build-up. Was this an issue? And if so, did you install/cut vent holes?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The installation faces east and the facade of the building is shaded by trees. Remember the cabinet doors to not make a tight seal against the cabinet carcase. That being said our client keeps mostly glassware in her cabinets, I wouldn't store chocolate bars. If the windows and cabinets face south or west and are not shaded externally, then, as you suggest, you could always drill vent holes near or at the top of the cabinets.