Software
Houzz Logo Print
rlkrivitz

Overwhelmed by granite selection!

12 years ago
We are searching for granite for a lower level bar area and are so overwhelmed and frustrated with the process. We were told to go to one of the "suppliers" to make our selection and they would then send our slab to our fabricator. We live in Minneapolis. We have been to each of the suppliers several times now and have selected a few great granite slabs along the way. The problem is - most of what is on their showroom floor is sold or on hold so you can't actually get the piece you want. We've been trying to keep an open mind for our color selection but the more we look - the more we get indecisive. It just seems like such a big decision that could really affect the overall look. I'm wondering if anyone has any advise for me.

1. Does anyone have any secret granite selection tricks? I am referring to finding granite that I can actually have (that isn't on hold or sold). We didn't find anything at Lowes or Home Depot that we liked at all.

2. How do I simplify my decision process and feel comfortable with my choice? Do I hire a decorator just to select granite with me? All my other choices have been made.

3. Any favorite granite colors? We have dark cherry cabinets, walnut hand scraped floors and a tan/griege on the walls. I found a Siena Cream I loved (but of course couldn't have because it was on hold). I only liked this one Siena Cream and don't like other batches (same granite name - different area of the stone so looks completely different).

Thank you!

Comments (9)