Software
Houzz Logo Print
hiltsy

Want to use your idea

12 years ago
I have a space in mud room that is 3x4x6 ft deep under stair case. That is a long depth and a lot of weight what did you use for tracking I found 200 lbs track. It needs to stay square so it slides back between wall and mounted shelf. And is their a hidden hand pull?
Palo Alto Green Home Tour 2009 · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 12 years ago
    It looks like it hovers over the floor. It's got to be a lot of weight.
  • 12 years ago
    Greatly appreciate the details! Thanks for taking the time.
  • 12 years ago
    Love this idea and will be looking to do something similar. Are the two cabinets permanently connected? I'm trying to find quick release solutions so we can move the bookcase a side from time to time so we can access the utility meters under the stairs.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi -
    yes - in this case they roll out as a single unit. They can probably roll out and away entirely - I don't recall any stops in the floor. Although I don't think that has been done.
  • 11 years ago
    Awesome! How do you pull the bookcase forward -- is there a handle or do you pull it from the sides?