Software
Houzz Logo Print
dlaperle

14 years ago
What are the posts for the railings made of? Were they painted or is it exposed metal and if so what kind of metal. Also, are those stainless steel cables or bars?
Noe Valley Butterfly House · More Info

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The posts are painted steel. They were cross-drilled for the horizontal rods and capped with wood.
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks, John. I am in LA and having someone put in a similar railing, but with cable instead of rods. I really like the look of the paint. You wouldn't by any chance know the color / manufacturer.
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks. Very nice design. I feel much better about the direction those who are advising me are taking it. I wasn't sure if painted steel looks good, but this looks great.
  • 13 years ago
    Love the handrail - could we get this design for just the handrails for stairs - on the wall?
  • 12 years ago
    What are the actual metal rods? We are wanting to do something similar on a staircase and having problems finding material for the actual metal effect that meets code in Kentucky. Thank you.
  • 11 years ago

    Great looking rails and staircase. What are the dimensions of the wood cap railing? Also, what is the width and thickness of the steel used for the uprights. Thank you.