Software
Houzz Logo Print
panhome

can you tell me the length of this immense island? Beautiful!

12 years ago
2012 Parade Home #7 · More Info

Comments (7)

  • 12 years ago
    Thank you so much! I'm having a similar size and knowing this size in the picture helps me visualize proportion!
  • 12 years ago
    How many seams in the island. I am currently planning a 12 foot in a similar quartzite. Do you notice the seams?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Katherine, the seams are more noticeable with certain materials. A good fabricator should be able to hide them well with a consistent material or book matched slabs. We had 1 seam on this countertop.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you. I am disappointed to have to have a seam, but it looks like it's not that big of a deal. Going for Super White or White Princess quartzite.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Usually Islands can only be a max width of 9'-10' to not have a seam. I think you would rather have a extra 2' than not have seam.
  • 12 years ago
    I have a new home that has a long bank of cabinets with the countertop below, broken up only by the stove. It has 3 seams in it (granite), and to be honest, the only way I know where the seams are, is when I run my hand over the surface. Otherwise, it's very difficult to find it, let alone notice it. Hope this helps!