Software
Houzz Logo Print
runaway03

Bay Window Dressing

12 years ago
When designing our home, we added a traditional bay window facing west in the living room to take advantage of the view. What we didn't consider was that our tv would also be in that room, and nine months out of the year the sun shines in until almost 9pm every day! That necessitated room darkening shades on the window to keep the glare off the tv. I hung a valance over them to cover up their ugliness, but I've never been happy with the look. I'd like something a little warmer and cozier. Complicating the issue is the front door, which is only three feet to the right of the window, and the wall opposite is completely open to the dining room, so moving the tv really isn't an option. Does anyone have an opinion about hanging drapes from inside the casement in place of the sheers but letting them hang to the floor? That sounds like a design no-no to me, but I'm at a loss.

Comments (4)