Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmtohome

Julie
12 years ago
What size are the subway tiles? Is the herringbone the same tile as the field tile?
Thank you.
Julie
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Dresser Homes
    12 years ago
    Yes, the herringbone insert is the same as the field tile. They are 2" x 4".
  • PRO
    Specialty Tile Products
    12 years ago
    Hi Julie! This tile is Sonoma Tilemakers, Stellar, in creamy crackly 2x8. Specialty Tile sells it in Orlando & Atlanta & Tampa & Savannah. If you need an alternate city you can look them up at www.sonomatilemakers.com.
  • Julie
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thank you. Ironically, I ended up with Sonoma tile in a 2x4 stellar ( no crackle) and I love it;) I should upload photos. Tile, cabinets, appliances and counters are all in, just need to decide on appliance pulls and knobs. I ordered the tile through davinci marble in San Carlos, Ca.
  • phiwwy
    11 years ago
    I love this backsplash and pattern. Do you thinkit could be done with a 2x5 tile as well?
  • PRO
    Jamie Herzlinger
    11 years ago
    Yes, 2" x 5" will work as well
  • phiwwy
    11 years ago
    The tile looks almost irridescent. It's just gorgeous. Any where to buy in in New England/Boston area? Thanks! This could be my answer.
  • PRO
    Specialty Tile
    11 years ago
    http://www.sonomatilemakers.com/ShowRooms.aspx
    This website lists all authorized Sonoma retailers. It's a wonderful company to support with your purchase... all their ceramics are made in the USA!
  • Robin
    11 years ago
    I love the sonoma stellar tiles but had them quoted and it's a bit pricey. If anyone knows of a more affordable option similar to these with the ceramic glaze, please let me know!
  • bbyblmrs
    11 years ago
    Shop around. I got three different quotes. The cheapest was half the price of the most expensive.
  • erikasuhandynata
    11 years ago
    Hi! Can someone please clarify the size of the subway tile? Dresser Homes mentioned it's a 2x4 but the then the tile shop said it's 2x8. Thank you!
  • PRO
    Dresser Homes
    11 years ago
    @eriksuhandynata: I blew up the picture to look at it more closely, and it turns out the tiles and 2x6. The range is 48" wide and there are exactly 8 tiles behind it.
    Gary Dresser
    Dresser Homes
  • erikasuhandynata
    11 years ago
    @Dresser Himes: thanks!!!! That's what I thought too. But finding a 2x6 subway tiles might be a bit challenging. Thanks for the info though... Appreciated!
  • PRO
    Specialty Tile
    11 years ago
    Not if it's Sonoma Tilemakers!
  • sairac
    11 years ago
    Can you tell me what size insert you would install over a 36" cooktop? TIA
  • PRO
    Dresser Homes
    11 years ago
    @sairac. If there are wall cabinets flanking the 36" cooktop, I would probably make the insert 30" wide at most. That would leave 3" of tile on each side (outside the border). As far as the height goes, I would keep the same 3" of tile outside the border on the top and bottom. You also should keep in mind the size of the tikes you are using for the border. If they are 6", then the dimensions shd be a multiple of 6" so as to avoid a little cut piece.
    You should have your contractor or tile installer draw the design on the drywall so you can visualize it.
    Gary Dresser
    Dresser Homes.
  • crissyd5
    8 years ago

Beautiful. Can you share the name and color grout you used?

• PRO
    Dresser Homes
    8 years ago

@crissyd5. Antique White by Custom.

• PRO
    Designs by Sharon Findlay
    7 years ago
    What is the ceiling height in the kitchen?
  • PRO
    Dresser Homes
    7 years ago

@Sharon Finlay: The ceiling ht is 10'.

Gary Dresser, Dresser Homes