Software
Houzz Logo Print
makchick

Do these pendants work?!

12 years ago
I love them. They are "equinox 10" by Progress lighting. The only other option was 18" which is too large. Do they work? It's hard to photograph them because they are spherical and move...

Comments (41)

  • 12 years ago
    I think you've got the perfect size!
  • 12 years ago
    They work very well. The size is good also.
  • 12 years ago
    FUN!!! Lighting AND a conversational piece!
  • 12 years ago
    I like them. You could also do two of the 18" instead of three small ones.
  • 12 years ago
    Love them!
  • 12 years ago
    Justine 7700...that would require us doing patch work and electrical work on the ceiling! We don't want to have to do that:(
  • 12 years ago
    I like them.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the pendents but do not like the dark chains.
  • 12 years ago
    I absolutely love the pendant lights themselves but I almost feel like they're getting lost over the island. I'd probably opt for something heavier, a little more substantial if you will.
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful! Keep them! I'm curious what the dimensions of your island are. I'm awaiting three 10" pendants for our 102 island and am anxious on the measurements too. You got it right! I can see the chains being nickel sprayed if too dark for you. We have a very similar layout and colors in the works now, too, 18 would have been too large. Are you happy with the lighting they put off? Are those 9 or 10 ft ceilings? Great job!
  • 12 years ago
    The island is 104"! Our ceilings are 9ft high. They give off a ton of light. Dimmer to be installed ASAP. I'm glad most of you like them. I still think 12" would have been perfect but 10" might have to work for the time being.
  • 12 years ago
    Would placing them lower or higher be any better?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love them and personally would prefer them to be slightly lower.... At least from the vantage point at which you took the photo they seem too high.
  • 12 years ago
    I like them too. Nice choice!
  • 12 years ago
    I like them and usually like decor in odd numbers, but I feel 3 is too busy, 2 would look better. Maybe that's just me.
  • 12 years ago
    Oh gosh, I apologize but I have to differ with everyone else- pendants are cool but too much like the rest of the kitchen to be complimentary. Have you looked at some of Circa Lighting's antique gold pendants?
  • 12 years ago
    I would rather not add a new finish to the kitchen. Antique bronze pendants and brushed nickle is enough!
  • 12 years ago
    Gotcha. Beautiful kitchen- good luck with your decision!
  • 12 years ago
    They are perfect- never do 2, remember the rule if threes. If you stand at the island as if you are chopping vegetables, you should be able to lean in and have plenty of head room.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Very nice choice!! and agree with 'dclostboy'. I would spray paint the chains to match the ceiling. The pendants themselves will be the focal points of the units and will give a cleaner, simpler feeling.
  • 12 years ago
    No I would do something in silver look at Restoration Hardware and look for the style Harmon Pendant or the Vintage Barn style (this style has bronze or a clear option)
  • 12 years ago
    The chains on the pendants just kills the look of your beautiful cabinets. They stand out too much. You need a cleaner look in my opinion.
  • 12 years ago
    They work!
  • 12 years ago
    I like the lights but I don't think I like them for this space. Personally, I would suggest going with something not so visually heavy. They are very dominant because of the dark color and chains.

    Also, it is tends to be best to stick with odd numbers of item
    Also, it is tends to be best to stick with odd numbers of item
  • 12 years ago
    I disagree with the notion of "never 2". It seems that 2 oversized pendants over an island is starting to catch on (trending, right?).
  • 12 years ago
    Can you switch out the chains with a straight piece of metal in the same color? Maybe a lighting store would sell that as an accessory.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I like them just the way they are. Kewl. (Once they are finished being installed they will look super good.)
  • 12 years ago
    I found out it is called an extension rod.
  • 12 years ago
    Love the lights, but not in your kitchen. The chains are too dark. Makes the kitchen look crowded. Maybe dropping to two instead of three would work, but the chains still look bad against the cabinets.
  • 12 years ago
    I think your kitchen looks great, by the way.
  • 12 years ago
    Oh, you just made my day! Thank you, what a relief. I think the heaviness of the chains is because they're not finished being installed just like Darzy said. I think they could be lowered a tad, but don't need to be. They're pretty with your island wood. If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear what make/size cabinet pulls you chose, and is that marble or quartz? We are looking at a marbled quartzite and this looks close. It's a stunning kitchen!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think they look fantastic. Perhaps the chain will not appear as heavy when you place the ceiling caps on. And if necessary you could purchase an end cap that's slightly larger (1-2 inches in diameter) to anchor the look of the chain. I truly think they are hung perfectly height wise.
  • 12 years ago
    makchick- just want i to say I am sorry for the post suggesting antique gold fixtures- thought your current fixtures were wrought iron which of course increased the weight in the minds eye. Either my laptop needs updating or my glasses! I do so love Circa Lightings fixtures, however and there are alternate finishes for almost every luscious fixture. Hope this last detail is coming together for you!!
  • 12 years ago
    YAY! Good for you! Enjoy!
  • 12 years ago
    They are gorgeous!
  • 12 years ago
    Looks MUCH better finished! Congrats! Dumb question....is the vent hood still in progress?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The kitchen looks great! nice choice
  • 12 years ago
    Justine 7700 ...yes! The chimney extension is on back order!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice choice! They look great in your kitchen setting.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    They are freat. Guest they didn't need painted chains : ) Nice work and choice!