Software
Houzz Logo Print
debutl

Do you know what the original purpose of this cabinet was?

12 years ago
Do you know what the original purpose of this cabinet was? My husband's uncle invited us over for dinner last night after my mother-in-law's memorial service. I was immediately drawn to this cabinet. I asked him about it and he said his wife, who passed away several years ago, bought it from an antique shop many, many years ago. His children don't want it, so he said I could have it if I loved it because he wants to keep it in the family. I had already said I loved it about 14 times! It has caster wheels on the front and the wood is burled walnut (hubby knows wood, so he identified it). There are two velvet lined drawers at the top and the bottom part has one shelf on each side. Each door locks and he has the original key. They used it for a liquor cabinet and we will probably continue the tradition. LOL! I'd just like to know what it was originally designed for and possibly around when. We're going back in a couple of months to pick it up. It's not a great picture, but all I had was my phone.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations