Software
Houzz Logo Print
jimsha

Boring Mailbox??

12 years ago
Decided to paint it after seeing an art print I loved ... Too loud ?

Comments (27)

  • 12 years ago
    Too loud? Never! It is perfect! I may have to copy you now!!!
    Sharon thanked abbyjean
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It's quite pretty!
    Sharon thanked Spaces Designed, Interior Design Studio, LLC
  • 12 years ago
    Adorable!
    Sharon thanked ajrmcr
  • 12 years ago
    Fantastic!
    Sharon thanked raineycarole
  • 12 years ago
    I love it!!!
    Sharon thanked floridagal513
  • 12 years ago
    That is gorgeous. I love it. I bet it will make lots of people smile, especially your letter carrier!
    Sharon thanked DIYMama2Two
  • 12 years ago
    What kind of paint did you use? I'm curious how it will hold up over time.
    Sharon thanked DIYMama2Two
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    What ever makes you happy!
    Sharon thanked Hyde Evans Design
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I just bought a new locking mail/package delivery center. It's black, after seeing this, I want to paint it, really bad. :)
    Sharon thanked Darla Scheuerman
  • 12 years ago
    Nah, not too loud at all. Happy, cheerful and fun
    Sharon thanked maggielou362
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Everyone loves it, and I think it will look great. However, you might wish to consider a bright green for the "flag" as the reason why US mailboxes have a different colour flag is to signal to the postman that there is something to be picked up. Yours blends too well with the red! As I no longer live in the US things may have changed, but I will leave that debate with locally-based US houzzers!
    Sharon thanked ASVInteriors
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful! I love it!
    I never knew what the flag was for, I guessed it was so the postie could indicate mail has been delivered.
    Sharon thanked macyjean
  • 12 years ago
    Karen, exterior latex for the base red.... Exterior craft for the flowers, then water based polyurethane .... :)
  • 12 years ago
    Cute mailbox, but you should know that polyurethane is not ideal for a finish coat if the mailbox will be out in the sun. UV radiation breaks down polyurethane and it yellows and peels. I've used lacquer or automotive sealer for a durable finish over acrylic paint on a mailbox.
    Sharon thanked krosegray
  • 12 years ago
    Krosegray..... Thanks for the tip.... Think I can use it now? Over the spray poly?
  • 12 years ago
    Oh.... Is Eastwood a good choice?
  • 12 years ago
    It's beautiful and makes me wish spring would hurry and get here! FYI, before junk mail, especially in rural areas, people would put the flag up to tell the postman they had mail to be picked up. Otherwise, if he had no mail to deliver he would not stop. :)
    Sharon thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Watch out for the HOA if you have one. That's a dangerously individualistic mailbox (very nice though)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Sadly, I have decided against a mailbox and have a P O box. What with identity theft I have decided not to have my mail delivered to my street address.

    I remember my mailman from years ago. He knew everybody’s business. He did, on two occasions, save lives when the old timers didn’t meet him at the door and he figured something was amiss.

    He also made for me the most gorgeous carved swan which I still have on a table.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    jimsha, he would have loved your mailbox.
    Sharon thanked JudyG Designs
  • 12 years ago
    Good job :)
    Very welcoming to the Mail Carrier , now you can make 2 more :) you got Spring and Summer covered ,now you need Fall and Winter .
    Sharon thanked Geneviève
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    So pretty and cheerful. It would make me happy to see that on a country drive. Sadly it's the end of an era in Canada where they are phasing out door to door mail delivery.
    Sharon thanked ReMax - Lisa
  • 12 years ago
    Santoshauper? You just made me spit my coffee out !!! No HOA .... Live on a little block in a little town. I've heard horror stories of them though. My mom used to live in a community like that, we called it stepford city. :)
  • 12 years ago
    I must say I'm overwhelmed by the compliments, thank you all so much !
  • 12 years ago
    The elderly and the disabled will be the ones effected the most by this idea of stopping door delivery, especially during the Winter months when its nearly impossible to walk in the cold and snow .
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Love it! You must be a happy person. You could use it as your Houzz icon.
    Sharon thanked mhteb
Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio